cabriolet double din cage

VagCabby

Reaction score
Can someone please help me. I'm upgrading my concert radio to an rnse in my cabriolet but struggleing to get a double din cage. Audi seem clueless on whatI'm asking for when I.phoned them and said its a £200 part which I know isn't true. Can someone please tell me the part number for the am4 cabriolet double din housing/cage so I can tell Audi exactly what I'm after haha

It appears to be £125 & is 8H0858005A, but double check with the dealer, in ETKA page 857-10 for A4 Cab 07

Really? How come in all the retrofits for the saloon and avant the part is between £35 and £45! The cabs dash isn't that different to the saloon to make the cage £100 more! That's madness

Saloon/Avant is £50, cant tell you why so much different, thats vag for you.

Hmm may see if I can adapt a saloon cage! wonder if its due to the exeo using the cab dash so the price is higher

Save yourself the hassle, buy the proper cage trust me, it holds everything in that area, fits perfectly, not worth spending hours of time to save what £75 or look on ebay.

Reactions: N8
Looking at photos around the internet both consoles look the same apart from the cabriolet one has a detachable to part that mounts the cubby hole which the saloon.doesn't have. Do you have images in the ETKA that you can see any visual difference with?

Managed to get a cabriolet one for £48 delivered from Audi. Called 3 Audi garages and all of them had different prices for them, one quoting £250! Only reason I was saying about the saloon one is because a couple of forums have mentioned it only needs a tiny bit trimming to get it to fit! Anyway I have the right one now. Cheers for getting me the correct part number, can't understand how the price varys so much from different dealers

I suspect it was a 2yr shelf life part if they dropped it by nearly 60% mate, after 2 years they dump allot of stuff on other companies to sell on, great news for you though mate :)