Water in Passenger footwell

Johnboymason

Reaction score
hi has any1 had this problem with b6 audi a4 when i feel under glove box in footwell is wet only notcied as we have had alot of rain over the poast few days

Think i mentioned this the other day, but.... Sounds like you have blocked drains in the bulkhead where you battery, servo ect.. Sits.
Had similar symptons in my b5. Went to drive off one day and noticed drips of water running down on the carpet from behind(ish) the glovebox. After the initail what the f**k moment had a look in and around where the battery sits (remove plastic lid/cover) saw a great big trough of water!
Took, the battery out, had a prod around and the drain holes were blocked so water collected rather than draining. There were rubber bungs in the hole which i removed/pushed through then all the water gushed out underneath the car.

Think i mentioned this the other day, but.... Sounds like you have blocked drains in the bulkhead where you battery, servo ect.. Sits.
Had similar symptons in my b5. Went to drive off one day and noticed drips of water running down on the carpet from behind(ish) the glovebox. After the initail what the f**k moment had a look in and around where the battery sits (remove plastic lid/cover) saw a great big trough of water!
Took, the battery out, had a prod around and the drain holes were blocked so water collected rather than draining. There were rubber bungs in the hole which i removed/pushed through then all the water gushed out underneath the car.

cheers mate will have a look tomorrow

HI, I have same issue,2005 Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T - I can hear water when braking and also when heavy downfall the drivers foot well is wet. Can someone help me I can't afford dealer diagnosis.

I'd check the plenum chamber, but drivers footwell may be more likely to be the ecu seal. There's guides on here as to what to remove to open the ecu box, and you'll see whether it's that. My b6 has had a wet drivers side recently, but passenger side is dry as a bone.

Check your ECU box seal as above. My A4 had a leak into the passenger footwell and the previous owner had it rectified by QRSport. Who in turn of fixing the plenum changer created another leak when they removed the ECU box to reaseal. They had trapped a wire between the box and car body so it didn't reseal properly!

I've sorted it now, but I just need to remove the carpet and sound proofing as this absorbs and holds the water! It won't dry out without removing it!

I'm also going through the same thing with my Golf. Got all the carpets and soundproofing out and dry. Just need to refit it when I can be bothered.

Dan

I'd check the plenum chamber, but drivers footwell may be more likely to be the ecu seal. There's guides on here as to what to remove to open the ecu box, and you'll see whether it's that. My b6 has had a wet drivers side recently, but passenger side is dry as a bone.

Hi where is the guide located