front right light issue!!

troopa

Reaction score
My front right light has slowly started to stop working.
1st off my interior light control would flicker then eventually go out when I 1st switch my lights on. Then my dash would display front right parking light error now that has stopped and is working but it's my dipped front right light that's displayed.
Where do I start to look for this issue
I'm guessing it's not the bulbs as one day they work and the next they don't. Water in the light? Wiring? (Probably) anyone had this issue?
Also would the interior light control and the exterior lights not working be connected or just coincidental?
Cheers guys hope you can help.

I'd defiantly start at the bulb just in case it blown but sometimes re connects the join its possible and the cheapest start point fella

I replaced the sidelight and it still keeps happening. It alternates between dipped light and side light.

I have a simular issue. But mine's just a n/s side light not working.

Someone mentioned it might be one of the control systems. I've already replaced my convenience unit.

See im new to all this electro unit jargon so im lost lol.
I know these audis suffer from the wires breaking so i was hoping it was that

After checking my lights im getting a canbus signal but no voltage at the socket.

There is no warning on my dash so im assming ive got a Central Electrics Unit Fault.

oooh not good. Im going to try a bulb replacement 1st. Or i might swap the left and right.

Swapped the bulb over and all working fine now with no errors. cat explain why it thought it was a sidelight but im still happy lol.