Badger5Monster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Non-functioning key

Hi all.
    I was told by the seller that the spare key needed a new battery, which I thought "fair enough, got a battery at home". Put the battery in today, put it in ignition to position 2 and held the lock and unlock buttons. I thought this was all I needed to do, but now I'm not sure?!
    The key opens the door, starts the car, but won't remotely lock/unlock. Any ideas?

also, the "master" key is missing. If I ever need s new key cut, what do I do? Is there someone I can contact now rather than when I lose my only functioning key!!?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Try putting it in the door, lock unlock and press the button.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

2nd Gear

Status
    Put it in the door unlock manually then press unlock on the fob get in key in ignition turn ignition on press unlock turn ignition off then test the key pretty sure that's how I did mine.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks, I'll give that a try then. Anyone know about requesting a new master key?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pbarlow0032 View Post
    Hi all.
    I was told by the seller that the spare key needed a new battery, which I thought "fair enough, got a battery at home". Put the battery in today, put it in ignition to position 2 and held the lock and unlock buttons. I thought this was all I needed to do, but now I'm not sure?!
    The key opens the door, starts the car, but won't remotely lock/unlock. Any ideas?

also, the "master" key is missing. If I ever need s new key cut, what do I do? Is there someone I can contact now rather than when I lose my only functioning key!!?
    I've got exactly the same problem with my new key trying to code it manually, I've tried doing the key in ignition and door thing and not getting any flashing indicators which I believe they're supposed to flash after they correctly code?

Turbo Sport

Status

Non-functioning key

Not a solution to your problem BUT I recently got a key coded at the dealers and was pleasantly surprised they only took £45 to code a key !
    (the guy I got the key from a third party wanted £40!, so wasn't to disappointed when he couldn't do it plus got a mini valet of dealers !!! )
    I bought a convertable in the wettest country in the world who says Scotsmen dont have a sense of humour !

"Lets fire up the Quattro" DCI Gene hunt,,,,,,,ashes to ashes

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pbarlow0032 View Post
    Thanks, I'll give that a try then. Anyone know about requesting a new master key?
    By "master key" do you mean the plastic blade? If so Audi don't supply these anymore with new cars so you can't buy them. If you want new key just order one from Audi as they cut the key to order based on the key profile that matches your car stored on there system in Germany.

Reverse Gear

Status

Re: Non-functioning key

My 62 plate a4 just came with 2 normal keys and one plastic one?

3rd Gear

Status
    ok tonight i changed batts,tried the method again,tried holding the key turned in the door for 10 secs etc even presing the buttons in the door and its not doing anything, even when i use the remote thats already coded,thats not even setting lights off etc when i try to recode it, it still works anyway but i wanted to try that to make sure my new remote isnt faulty.
    are some cars just unprogramable this way and have to be done on vagcom?

1st Gear

Status
    I took mine into Audi a few months back and they coded all 3 keys (2 fobs and one
    plastic) for £25. I was eexpecting it to cost more but I'm not complaining!! Might be worth giving them a call to see how much they'll code it for
    Audi A4 B7 1.9TDi SE | Auto Lights, Wipers & Dimming Mirror | Cruise Control | DIS

Mod's so far: Ambient light, Cupra R splitter, 4300k HID's, Painted Brake Calipers & Hubs, Dice Electronics iPod & Aux, Leather Armrest, Interior, Sidelight & Number Plate LED's, Curry Hooks, Tie Downs, Ambient Footwell LED's, Footwell Lights, Shadow Chrome S-Line (RS6) wheels, Mudflaps, Votex Rear Diffuser, RS4 Rear ARB

1st Gear

Status
    If your just trying to code the remotes try putting the key that works in the ignition and turn it on. Open the drivers window. Now put the key you want to learn into the drivers door lock turn and hold in the unlock position and push one of the buttons. This was the method for older cars circa 2000 year.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian-83 View Post
    If your just trying to code the remotes try putting the key that works in the ignition and turn it on. Open the drivers window. Now put the key you want to learn into the drivers door lock turn and hold in the unlock position and push one of the buttons. This was the method for older cars circa 2000 year.
    hi pal yeah thats what i tried and nothing, mines a 2003 though?

1st Gear

Status
    Mine's an 03 too. The spare key locks and unlocks in the door lock, and it starts the car too. Tried what was suggested above, but remote lock/unlock still doesn't work.

The "master" I referred to is the plastic dongle type thing, not the plastic valet key. So what do I do, ring local audi garage and see if they can code the remote transponder to the car?