Should get more than 6mths out of a set of Falkens?

scottshere

Reaction score
I need to have a good think of the mileage i have covered, but surely i should get more than 6 months
My back tyres are the ones that seem to have worn quicker on the outer edges. Camber wrong maybe?

A mate of mine at work put falkens on his golf gti about 3 months ago, he was saying on Monday that he went to his local garage to swap them over to his winter tyres and when he asked them to store his falkens until march they told him there wasn't much point because they were scrap! The side walls were all split and perished, apparently the guy at the garage had seen a couple that were similar.

Similar topic..Has anybody else heard a rumour that nitrogen inflation can cause tyres to age prematurely??, again a guy at work with a db9 had similar probs and apparently Aston Martin ssuggested he avoid nitrogen. Not sure if that was just with self sealing tyres though, as maybe it could dry the gunk inside the tyre.

Did you get the car aligned when getting the new tyres?

No not had it aligned
I am looking to get it checked out not though, see if the tracking is out

To be fair, the tyres do feel very good to drive and side walls are perfect

How many miles? The inside of mine are gone. I've put it down to bad camber/tracking and a knackered set of lower arms.

Not sure how many mile as i didnt record anything (i just presumed at least a year out of them) :keule:
Ive done 25k ish in just over a year, so i would presume 12k out of the tyres

I've currently got a pair of falkens on the rear of my avant. They were brand new about 12 months ago. I had them on the from till January this year when I put winters on the front. They are currently on the back and seem to be wearing very quick on the outside edge aswell. I was never really impressed with them on the front. I thought they made the steering feel very vague. I'll be replacing them in a few weeks anyway..
I wonder if its a manufacturing problem with the falkens..
M

I had a set of falkon 912's (i think). Rear ones did 25k with no strange wear going on, the front did ~20kish before i replaced them for winter. Thought they were pretty decent for the money, bit noisy though! I reakon you have an alignment issue mate i afraid! If your audi has 100k on it all your bushes will be shot one way or another possibly causing a bit of upset for your tyres?

Thanks, i may need to check the bush's
I know i have an issue up front with a ball joint clicking, cant find which one yet and its a tad expensive to replace them all