battery light flashed on.

S111 NSN

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was giving my 2.5tdi a clear out yesterday and at around 4200 rpm in (3rd i think) the battery light, lite up for a split second.
Has anyone else had this? or does anyone know why this would happen?

Check the battery terminals and also the output of the alternator..........otherwise never had it happen to me

Check the alternator pulley mine was nearly in 2 pieces lol....

Check the alternator pulley mine was nearly in 2 pieces lol....
The v6 tdi has a solid pulley, does not have a one way clutch like the pd engine. I suspect the brushes are worn on your alternator or a diode is on it's way out. I strongly hope that your aux. belt tensioner is in good condition and the bushes are not worn, otherwise it's a front off job to repair. When the bushes wear trough (they are 1mm thick) the aluminium bracket wears very fast and requires a new cast bracket (doubles as PAS and A/C bracket) which is a pain to replace as it requires oil cooler removal- messy and tricky due to lack of room !
Easy to see if the bracket is worn, when the plastic damping cover/noise insulation is removed the belt running on the aux. tensioner will run close to the edge and cuts into the plastic/melting it ! TPS keeps parts in stock as it's a common failure...