just got away with it

vr6gordy

Reaction score
when out this morning to go see my mate at his body shop .. its bout 10 miles to get there.. on the way there car wasnt feeling right wasnt as smooth as it should be felt like it was holding back i thought nothing of it and carried on when i got to my mates place loads of smoke was coming of the drivers side break(lovely blue paint is now all burnt) .. way to hot to touch for 1 hour so i let it cold down and told wheel off undid the calliper and had a good look at it ... i noticed that the piston wasnt as far back as it should be so tryied to push it back with no joy so my mate got his air ram out to try move it and nothing happened... jamed ... must of moved back a tad cos i olny just got caliper back on and got car home only to do same again when i got home but not as much smoke this time... need a new caliper now so ordered one for euro car parts 78 quid in on monday .. lucky just to get away with only caliper could of been far worse but when you get a problem like this you cant do much till it happens

they can be tricky little fookers them calipers when they start sticking, best to rid when they start sticking in my view,
new one ordered fit it next weekend now .... wish i had some money saved just found out my mates got a rs4 set up for sale