First post questions about 1.8t 190 Quattro s line

190sline

Reaction score
Hey guys just signed up as I cannot find anybody that's knows much about my bex engine :( My car is a 2004 a4 1.8t Quattro s line. 190. I have a re map booked in at r tech in Hinckley leicester. I've heard the injectors hold this engine back? My friends has a 03 plate Leon Cupra r and I can have his injectors for 30 quid will thes fit straight in and be ok to run more power? Also I cannot find a tip anywhere anybody know we're I can get one and not have to wait weeks for it? I've also thought about a decat and getting r tech to map the rear lamba out what sort of gains can I expect? Ide rather have torque than bhp bit want a rough idea. A 007p will be just after Christmas. Thanks mat

Hi mat, welcome to audi-sport.net. Any pics of the car? Where are you located? Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi thank you I'm in leicester il get some pics up soon as I've worked my way round the forum lol thanks for the welcome :)

First of all R-Tech can not remap your car on a 4wd roling road, I had one booked with them weeks in advance, had the time off work, then the night before they rang and said they cant do it because the person who booked it didnt realise our Quattro system was Torsen mechanical 4wd and not electronic like the S3's so had to cancel

Unless of course they have new equipment

Regards the Forge 007p i would get that ASAP to hold the boost better as they are known to collapse with remaps

I have a Forge TIP, got it from here

AUDI A4 / Forge Silicone Hoses To Fit Audi A4 1.8T (B5 B6 models) / Euro Performance Direct 08717 03 44 22 / Fast UK & Worldwide Delivery

I got my remap done at MRC Tuning because they really know what they are doing, costs a fair bit but I felt I had a lot more confidence in their work and they had a full 4wd rolling road with printouts for me (also an Xbox to play and my car on the other TV to watch it on the rollers whilst I waited)

thanks for the reply I've spoken to r tech today and they said they would be doing it on the road so hopefully its all good. I've managed to get myself a pretty much brand new 008p today for 80 squids so I'm a happy chappy :) thanks for the link the cheapest I fount was 254 quid for a neuspeed tip. Does the forge one fit direct or will I have to modify it in any way? The Xbox sounds cool as lol but I'm loyal to r tech I've seen the fruits of his labour and its outstanding (namely 2 of my friends monster Leon's) thanks mat.

Almost direct fit, just got to trim down the over length inlets that are on the pipe

Make sure your engine does not suffer from sludge before even attempting to remap ! Seen 2 dozen 1.8TQS with seized engines so far...

The oil was changed 3 months ago will it be ok or shall I check it anyway? Do you take the sump off?

CHECK! My top breathers were ram packed with sludge, also changed my oil pickup, PITA job, check my threads on it (with pics)

What's a pita job? I'm guna check it all over this week end I'm ordering oil and oil filter anything else you reckon?

Pain In The *** ha, Check the full breather system as these engines are prone to clogging with gunky oily sludge, whats the service history like on the car, these engines need an oil change every 5000 or 6mths to keep them healthy, The sludge problems are caused by long life servicing,

... these engines need an oil change every 5000 or 6mths to keep them healthy, The sludge problems are caused by long life servicing,
The sludge is caused by crap oil used- semi synthetic oils do break down much faster than synthetic oils and the turbo bakes the oil into that sludge... Back in the day the semi syn. oils were all that was required in the service book + a turbocharged, high revving 20V engine running on fosil oil and with an oil capacity of 3.5L is a recipe for trouble ! Similar Bmw NA engines have double the oil capacity of the vag engines... Of course the Longlife is also very, very bad and many people can't be bothered to pay 15-20 quid a litre SLX III oil for top ups so they chuck crap in the engine just to get by till the next oil change !

Haha I like that going to use that abbreviation again it has a full Audi service history. It has just done 5k since I've had it so its due. What brand is the slx III oil you said? I'm going to get it on my friends ramp on Sunday i made him his de cat so he owes me a favour lolget my 008p on change oil filter and oil can the oil pickup just be cleaned and used again. Will it be easier to get the sump of wile the car in the air on the ramp? Do you know the advantages from the 007p to the 008p. Sorry for all the questions chaps really want my Audi longer than a few months lol thanks mat.