Rear Discs & pads worn - advice pls

sniffy_smiffy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking at these pics, how much would you say I had left on my rear discs/pads? Might be hard to tell but any opinions would be a great help.

Audi did a free winter health check and said my discs & pads were almost metal to metal. Took one of my rear wheels off to check my disc size and they didn't look that low. Bear in mind though I have zero experience but thought I would post this to get some feedback.
Many thanks
Smudge

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351978710273507
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351978727300833
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351978737651077

new pads needed. disc may be ok unless if you feel it and its scored quite abit. like ribbed etc the thickness of the discs are ok. can only tell on pic 2 of the pads and does look like metal to metal

Would change them ASAP Otherwise they will start eating into the disk and you'll have to replace them too! Such a cheap & easy job to do aswell, not worth missing

Cheers lads that enough for me. Might as well do both and forget about it.

There are some good Brembo disc & pad combos about.

Any other recommendations for good brakes?

I guess the rears don't matter too much.

I've got Ferodo DS2500's & Brembo on the front and are very good.

If that was a friend of mine he'll drive it until one day his car becomes part of somebody else's rear bumper.

Definitely get the pads changed and euro got 30% off so even more reason to splash out and change.

Just done the rears on mine, using ECP. Less the £35 for discs and pads using the discount code..