New pads - £udi want all the ££££

• Thread starter imported_CurryMilkShake
  • Start date
I

imported_CurryMilkShake

So the A4 is in for service today - 2nd service, 31k or so total.

Just had a call from the dea£er - saying the brakelinings are on 90%worn (F) and 86% (R) - would I like to have them done today.

Ok, sez I, whats the damage

£156 for the Front and £126 for the rear..

£uck me, sez I, that seems a bit steep, how much of that is labour?

£73 and some, for the £ronts, same again for the back, says my helpful friend. (as in, helping himself to the contents of my wallet)

Suggested that they might like to leave it and I will have them done when I have my tyres done next week, not at £udi, and he immediately knocks £50 labour off the job..

Now forgive my cynicism, but is it normal to leave £50 headroom on a job like that just in case the customer whinges? How many of us just pay what we're asked?

I know this isnt even my ££, its a company car, but thats not the point - and I will now become a whinger who ALWAYS complains that something is too expensive just to se what happens. I mean, if you can save the price of a tankful of fuel, on as simple a job as a set of pads, just by stating it seems expensive, then something is clearly wrong!

Is this normal practice???

OK have just picked it up

actually quite pleased - hadnt realised how much the pads had degraded!!

Still think £677 for a 30,000 service is a bit steep, even including brake pads, and after a £50 labour discount..

Sounds a little steep mate

I paid a local tech £200 to do a full service to my A4, this included all the filters, synth oil change, Lucas front pad change, top up all levels and a VAG-Com check / reset- he reassured me that he uses all VAG approved parts and carries out work as per elsawin workshop instructions so it shouldnt affect my warranty altho the warranty has now expired.

Think you have still been ripped off mate. I had my pads front and rears done private from a master audi tech...£150 quid all in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Had my 30k service done only thing they left out was the air filter which i will get my own guy to do and it was due an mot so they had to check everything anyway. They wanted for full service £280 and said no i only want the lub service thanks so i got charged £159 for service and MOT!!! All other checks were done due to MOT anyway so it was ok. I was a happy chappy with that result. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you really want to be upset, click HERE and scroll down to see the price of S4 OEM pads :

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

How do they get it so cheap?!?!?!

[ QUOTE ]
£uck me, sez I, that seems a bit steep, how much of that is labour?

£73 and some, for the £ronts, same again for the back, says my helpful friend. (as in, helping himself to the contents of my wallet)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not too bad for a franchised dealer - We charge .8 of a hour for front pads (Within a service) on most stuff , that's £78.96 to you sir. Ker Ching /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or 1.1 hours if booked in only for the pads.............

I might add I dont work for a vag dealership either!

Sometimes I don't know how I sleep at night.

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif