Traction light and glow plug light flashing??

shaz

Reaction score
Hi all, got a problem with my b6 - basically on full lock to the right and when driven forward I noticed sometimes that there is rumble,

Only does it sometimes, today it did it on full lock and the traction control light has come on - switched the car off and now traction light is on and the glow plug light has started flashing?

Any ideas what this can be?

Car drives fine, brakes are fine, brake lights are ok also...

Please advice.

Hey I'm new to the forum. Glow plug symbol's flashing on my 2003 A3 and it's giving the fault code 16955, I think my brake light switch is at fault so I'm going to replace it. They're cheap to buy and pretty easy to change though haven't got round to doing it yet. My brake lights still work so assuming the switch is on the way out and not knackered yet.

I had this once on my bora but the brake lights weren't working - changed the switch all was fine!

But now my lights are working and everything seems to work also

It all points towards the brake light switch, ideally you want to get it scanned, but if you can't I'd change that first off.

Mine done this before I sold it and noticed my brake lights had failed

yep i changed replaced the duf bulb and was fine after this

Shaz did you fix this problem?
I see from other posts that this could be from the grommets being blocked and water running down into the car

Mine started with this problem tonight and no rain so im hoping its the brake light switch or a bulb out, not an ECU problem

Shaz did you fix this problem?
I see from other posts that this could be from the grommets being blocked and water running down into the car

Mine started with this problem tonight and no rain so im hoping its the brake light switch or a bulb out, not an ECU problem

Most definatatly brake switch bud cheap fix when it happens try and catch your brake lights in the mirror

Most definatatly brake switch bud cheap fix when it happens try and catch your brake lights in the mirror

Thanks, i just checked today and my brake lights arnt working, the one in the rear window is though... This makes me wonder
Mate at work says he noticed i had a bulb out last week, so will check them all tomorrow and see if changing the faulty one works
If not then off to the stealers for a switch... :undwech:

Hi mate, sorry for late reply, yes it was the brake switch, bought it from GSF and fitted myself,

Thanks to all the guys on here for the advice

Thanks