what fuel economy are you receiving from your car

lanceneoman

Audi a6 3.0 tdi quattro
Reaction score
right guys

I've had my car for about a week now.

when I fill up to a max the computer says I have 340 miles available I know this is inaccurate roughly how many miles do you guys get out of a full tank and what mpg are you obtaining

For the record i drive a 1.8t avant 2004

2004 1.8T Avant (non-Quattro).

Averaged (according to trip) 32.6mpg since buying it 5 months ago.

My daily commute is 7 miles each way, B-road and then a short blast of dual carriageway so it generally hasn't warmed to optimum operating temp. On motorway runs at 70 it happily ticks up to 37mpg.

Generally get 400 out of a tank.

Trip & calculations showed 40.1MPG yesterday on my 130mile motorway trip from Newark to Liverpool.
This is from my 2.5TDi Quattro.

The MPG has gradually improoved since I purchased the car (used to get 34MPG) - I think this has been down to a combination of a few oil and filter changes with good oil, blanking off the EGR, cleaning out the inlet manifolds and using good fuel.
I also replaced the 3rd injector (common issue), not sure if the free-flow exhaust would have helped things too?

I'm getting between 550 and 650 miles from a tank of fuel in my 1.9tdi avant.Thats running 100% biodiesel at £1/ltr. Its getting slightly worse at the moment as I think I've a got temp sensor and thermostat problems.
Kev

Wow! There must be something wrong with mine! I have a A4 2.5tdi quattro 1998 model and my daily commute is 60 miles of none stop motorway each way, I drive between 60 and 70mph depending on traffic and I still only get 400 miles out of a tank full. I'm seriously thinking that there is something wrong...

Wow! There must be something wrong with mine! I have a A4 2.5tdi quattro 1998 model and my daily commute is 60 miles of none stop motorway each way, I drive between 60 and 70mph depending on traffic and I still only get 400 miles out of a tank full. I'm seriously thinking that there is something wrong...

Im with you around the 400 mark from a tank nearly no motorway though

I'm getting between 550 and 650 miles from a tank of fuel in my 1.9tdi avant.Thats running 100% biodiesel at £1/ltr. Its getting slightly worse at the moment as I think I've a got temp sensor and thermostat problems.
Kev

Where do you get your Biodiesel ?? and do you have any running issues with it ??

Driving really economically in my A4 Quattro Sport Avant 1.9tdi (remapped) I managed to get 51.2mpg on a recent drive down from Scotland. Still driving on the same tank of juice should see about 500-550 miles on the tank.

After 75 miles of driving like a granny this is as high as the tank range got
815d24460fb90d13fd41bd63ec1cc912.jpg

42-43 mpg over 12,000 miles 2.5tdi quattro (550-570 per tank)

mostly steady A-B road drivieng, a little in the town but no queue-commuting.

just filled mine up and mines only showing 330 :( well jealous.

a4 1.8T

Hmm,

at Avant Quattro 1.8T (190) Im getting anyhere between 22 and 28 depending on the type of driving.

my fuel calc app has it as 28 over the first 2000 miles in July.

Makes me smile tho.

Where do you get your Biodiesel ?? and do you have any running issues with it ??

I get the biodiesel from a local company that buys and sells veg oil to the catering trade.They recycle the waste oil and turn it into bio.
No running/starting issues so far. I've ran it for the last 10k.
I done away with the filter on the side of the engine and put 2 small in line filters in it's place. They're far cheaper and easier to change. I'm changing them every month as I'm currently doing 7-800 miles a week.
Kev

My 2.5 (180) with DPT box does a consistent 33 mpg giving about 400 to a tank. I do all short runs on A and B roads late at night, I did five hours motorway work today, and will probably get more like 550 to this tank.

My 2.5tdi will get between 630-650 miles per fillup

Have you removed your throttle pedal?

My 2.5tdi avant gets 41-43mpg on the motorways , but around town I only get about 36mmpg.

my 1.9 tdi 130 getting 37-38 mpg taking kids to school every morning 2 miles away
did a trip to blackpool 60 miles away and reset the mpg and got 57mpg motorway and the illuminations traffic!!
so impressed compared to my 330i sport which did 19mpg around town and 30 mpg maybe 32 if i was lucky on mway!

I average 43MPG - 2.5 TDI with CVT, mostly motorway, but frequently slow on the M25 :-(
I tried Millers additive but didn't see much effect.
I get between 550 and 600 before I fill up, have had it to 650 before, but that was a bit too close for comfort.

I use Road Trip on my iPhone to calculate the MPG - the DIS reads a bit low in my car.

I plan to clean my EGR and inlet manifold (I doubt this will make any difference but as least I will have done it).

Who's your remap by Greeny ???? something i want to be looking at in the new year

It was done by a local company to me here in North Wales called Ecotech it cost £200 it would have been £250 but they couldn't rolling road it before or after as they only have 2wd rollers.
The best mod I've done, the torque is immense, it just keeps pulling, it doesn't run out of steam until at least 110mph (on a private test track of course).

What power you running now greeny. Have you since found out?
Did you notice a mpg difference.

What power you running now greeny. Have you since found out?
Did you notice a mpg difference.

Well I was expecting around 160bhp with the remap but the guy doing the remap said on his rollers he sees closer to 170bhp and with my EGR and cat deleted maybe 180bhp but I can't say for definite, not really bothered about the BHP it's more about the torque and "drivability", it does pull like a steam train now from no revs. Haven't seen any difference in the MPG overall, maybe a little less economical but only because I can't help nailing the throttle all the time.
I really can't recommend having a remap done enough.
Once I get my FMIC, full exhaust system and 2.0tdi turbo then I might get it on the rollers and see what it actually makes.

I get around 400 miles a tank from my 2.0 20v petrol, but did manage 480 on a long run which I didnt think was too bad for a petrol.

Well £35 of esso supreme just gave me 180 miles in the tank, which is great fuel by the way !
so according to the previous mpg calculator the old 3.0 v6 is returning 33mpg , cant be bad !!!!!

Approx 330-370miles 36-38mpg
driving like miss daisy
A4 cab 1.8t q sport

27.2mpg according to the above calculator (thank you B6 steve)
Not brilliant and as a lorry driver we have been on SAFED courses (Safe And Fuel Efficient Driving)
I don't carry anything on the boot. I know the Cab is a heavy car . But can you get a map to make it more fuel efficient from the standard VAG map?

Last edited:
I've just picked up a 3.0 Quattro and I'm getting around 30mpg on the motorway and around 22mpg around town.

Bit more thirsty than my old 2.5 V6 but I reckon I'll be able make it more economical once I've got used to it.

I've just picked up a 3.0 Quattro and I'm getting around 30mpg on the motorway and around 22mpg around town.

Bit more thirsty than my old 2.5 V6 but I reckon I'll be able make it more economical once I've got used to it.
same car as yourself and i can get 34 mpg on motorway and around 26 mpg around town !