Badger5Sky Insurance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by boomtown View Post
    same car as yourself and i can get 34 mpg on motorway and around 26 mpg around town !
    Yeah, hopefully I'll be able to get up to that once I've got used to it a bit more!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Ive once got 39 mpg cruising at 65 for 150 miles !!! i just couldnt handle it any longer !

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Smillie13 On Twitter
    My 1.9TDI Avant shows 640 when full and averages around 42 - 44 mpg around town with 55 mpg on the motorway

1st Gear

Status
    22 average (s4), used to average roughly 24/25 in our old 3.0q avant

2nd Gear

Status
    Mine was pitiful sunday gone i did 440 miles from £60 of diesel in my 1.9tdi se, mainly motorway driving, but a fair bit of traffic on the way back and a fair few miles diverted from m62 from bradford to harrowgate, worked it out with price i paid for fuel, to be roughly 43mpg, think its about time i gave my car a full service :-/
    Mods done: interior: Light to dark conversion, To Do: Carbon trim, carpet to be replaced, rear window retrofit. Exterior: Resprayed in Skoda's Rallye Green, 18" RS4 reps fitted, xenons, LED sidelights/NumberPlate lights, B Pillars wrapped in carbon. To Do: Lowering 35mm all round, tints, Tuning: Yet to do exhaust/remap/ egr delete etc..

God Mode

Status
    I get 41mpg on my 1.9 saloon around town & motorway (I drive like a granny 'round town and a prick on the motorway)
    I'm on 19's though plus I need a service and new tyres, hoping for 45+ after that.

Neutral

Status
    Well the full horror of how poor my MPG is has dawned on me today when I worked it out...

490miles from fill up to fill up (from the same remaining range and point on the fuel gauge), which works out as just over 38mpg. And it's a 1.9tdi.

Thankfully I did cotton on to this at the weekend, and then after a quick search on here realised my temp gauge should be at 90c not 70c, so replaced the thermostat ASAP and temps are now normal. So hopefuuuuuuuuully it should equate to a more normal tdi mpg and approx 180miles of that was one motorway trip too. I'm thinking EGR clean is next...

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie View Post
    Well the full horror of how poor my MPG is has dawned on me today when I worked it out...

490miles from fill up to fill up (from the same remaining range and point on the fuel gauge), which works out as just over 38mpg. And it's a 1.9tdi.

Thankfully I did cotton on to this at the weekend, and then after a quick search on here realised my temp gauge should be at 90c not 70c, so replaced the thermostat ASAP and temps are now normal. So hopefuuuuuuuuully it should equate to a more normal tdi mpg and approx 180miles of that was one motorway trip too. I'm thinking EGR clean is next...
    My temp guage has also been tempremental, i thought it was the sensor at first so got ripped off by TPS £28 +VAT for the sensor which sells on ebay for £10, (i know silly me) but guage still sitting between 65-90 and never dot on 90, so i guess my next port of call is thermostat...
    Mods done: interior: Light to dark conversion, To Do: Carbon trim, carpet to be replaced, rear window retrofit. Exterior: Resprayed in Skoda's Rallye Green, 18" RS4 reps fitted, xenons, LED sidelights/NumberPlate lights, B Pillars wrapped in carbon. To Do: Lowering 35mm all round, tints, Tuning: Yet to do exhaust/remap/ egr delete etc..

Neutral

Status
    Well mine went from a solid 70c with no fluctuation to now a solid 90c within about 10mins of 30mph driving. I just hope with the next fill up tomorrow the mpg increases accordingly.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan TheMan Welburn View Post
    My temp guage has also been tempremental, i thought it was the sensor at first so got ripped off by TPS £28 +VAT for the sensor which sells on ebay for £10, (i know silly me) but guage still sitting between 65-90 and never dot on 90, so i guess my next port of call is thermostat...
    Don't feel bad, the ebay sensor will be a copy part. I'd pay £30 for a genuine sensor everyday of the week.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear

Status
    Usually the cts playing up the temp gauge will fluctuate fastly or go off completely.. If the gauge goes from 70-90 couple of mins at a time or so its the thermostat opening and closing so there will be the fault
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..
    now sold but still in the family, gone back in time to the cupra R again..

5th Gear

Status

Re: what fuel economy are you receiving from your car

Hopefully the stat has sorted it!

I get from 44 - 52 depending on type of driving out of my tdi have had better, average is 48 the 44 is town driving in winter!

5th Gear

Status

Well mine went from a solid 70c with no fluctuation to now a solid 90c within about 10mins of 30mph driving. I just hope with the next fill up tomorrow the mpg increases accordingly.
    Is that from stone cold?

Mine can take up to 25 mins to reach temp first thing in a morning but that's with the missus driving and always short shifting it warms up a little quicker when I drive just not in ten mins!

5th Gear

Status
    If your car is taking 25 mins stu to warm up the stat is stuck open slightly so its stopping the water to get to temp should be hot within 5 mins really...
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

1st Gear

Status
    Getting around 33 average in my 1.8t cabriolet after having it for a few weeks and a few hundred miles. Bit disappointed actually, seems a bit lower than the 1.8t I owned a few years ago.

temp gauge on mine seems to get to 90 after 10 mins and then drop way down again for a few minutes. Does this sound like a faulty thermostat or coolant temp sensor? Any sure fire way of finding out?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pbarlow0032 View Post
    Getting around 33 average in my 1.8t cabriolet after having it for a few weeks and a few hundred miles. Bit disappointed actually, seems a bit lower than the 1.8t I owned a few years ago.

temp gauge on mine seems to get to 90 after 10 mins and then drop way down again for a few minutes. Does this sound like a faulty thermostat or coolant temp sensor? Any sure fire way of finding out?
    most likely thermostat m8... But you can plug vcds in and check for stored faults if the cts is faulty it will be there if there isn't a cts fault then your thermostat is faulty
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

5th Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by marktdisport View Post
    If your car is taking 25 mins stu to warm up the stat is stuck open slightly so its stopping the water to get to temp should be hot within 5 mins really...
    It gets warm within mins at the heaters but at times can take up to 25 mins to get to 90 I must point out this is the missus driving and I bet she has the heating on full which won't help when I drive its closer to 15 mins to 90

It's had a new stat from audi not so long back when I did the cam belt as the old one was stuck slightly! It warms up quicker then it used to!

Neutral

Status
    Hi mookie. I've got similar problems. The last week or so I've never seen over 40 mpg. It took nearly 9 miles for the temp gauge to hit 70. How hard was the thermostat to change and where on the tdi is it..
    Cheers moggie.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stu_m View Post
    It gets warm within mins at the heaters but at times can take up to 25 mins to get to 90 I must point out this is the missus driving and I bet she has the heating on full which won't help when I drive its closer to 15 mins to 90

It's had a new stat from audi not so long back when I did the cam belt as the old one was stuck slightly! It warms up quicker then it used to!
    yes m8 if the heaters are set full it will take some heat out the engine so yes will take longer to warm up..... Best bet is to try it with heaters fully off and time it to 90 and make sure it stays at 90 if it does this you have no probs
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

5th Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by marktdisport View Post
    yes m8 if the heaters are set full it will take some heat out the engine so yes will take longer to warm up..... Best bet is to try it with heaters fully off and time it to 90 and make sure it stays at 90 if it does this you have no probs
    Once its at 90 it stays there all the time I often just have the heating at about 20 and it warms up steadily usually takes about 15 mins to get there never less then that though

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stu_m View Post
    Once its at 90 it stays there all the time I often just have the heating at about 20 and it warms up steadily usually takes about 15 mins to get there never less then that though
    that sounds normal to me bud
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by moggie93 View Post
    Hi mookie. I've got similar problems. The last week or so I've never seen over 40 mpg. It took nearly 9 miles for the temp gauge to hit 70. How hard was the thermostat to change and where on the tdi is it..
    Cheers moggie.
    I found a couple of good threads about it and followed their advice, plus this is a very good guide for the 1.9tdi:

ElsaWeb - Removing, installing and checking thermostat

It's just behind the alternator as you look at the engine from the front, just follow the big pipe from the radiator bottom corner upwards to the engine block. My problem was I couldn't get the rad pipe off the plastic housing and so it was a bit of a fiddley chore with the pipework all still connected... but only really involved two bolts and some swearing (and I disconnected the big boost pipe in the way).

BTW after resetting my mpg average with the last 70miles on the range, covering about 30miles has yielded an average mpg in the middle 40s, which must be a good sign.

1st Gear

Status
    So, my 1.8t on my morning drive to work takes about 8 miles/15 minutes to get to 90, then drops again and just about reaches 90 by the time I get to work (another 2 miles/5 minutes).
    how much is a new thermostat, and is there a guide to changing it anywhere? Is there anyone with VCDS near Durham, I had a look on the vCDS forum but couldn't see anyone nearby? I guess I could take it to a garage? Would rather avoid expense, only just bought the car but the seller's not interested.

1st Gear

Status
    1.9 130 with a DTUK Tuning Box, drive it like I stole it sits nicely at 50-51mpg, recently had 682 miles from a tank

1st Gear

Status
    i get around 44-45 mpg on a normal day. 7 mile comute to work.

on saturday i got 59.6 mpg on a 200 mile run and used between half and a quarter tank.i

have a 1.9 tdi 130

6th Gear

Status
    B6 avant 1.9Tdi with remap, Bv43 turbo, 18" wheels, EGR delete, will do 600 miles/960Km on a tank full/44Mpg on the DIS. Occasional high speed blast on motorway and commuting in London.

B6 V6 tdi quattro sport will do 500 miles/38Mpg on a tank with a thermostat stuck open at speeds over 100mph. Needs a service and is running on 17" alloy wheels...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

My best so far !!

2nd Gear

Status
    lowest for a tank was 13.5

best has been 22.8

average since owned is 17.9

and running costs are £3.94 / mile

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Is that an app ?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smillie13 View Post
    Is that an app ?
    its called road trip

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

thanks

Neutral

Status
    1.9tdi 130bhp Avant, automatic

530-550 with a tank of diesel for the last 3 months...
    This month I'm playing around with the cruise control, a lot. Looks like I may get 650 - ish or even more. 340 from a half tank so far...

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

I always use my cruise control it makes so much difference.

BahnStormer

Status

Cruise control might make you more disciplined in terms of not booting it everywhere but it will be worse that genuinely disciplined driving on the pedals.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

6th Gear

Status
    just looked into mine being the 100bph tdi used 25l got just over 200miles but that is just school runs so 36mpg ish just 25l in again when for a short run 20miles max speed 60 but mostly 40mph 330miles brings it in at 60mpg and to be fair the cars dis is nears as spot on

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BahnStormer77 View Post
    Cruise control might make you more disciplined in terms of not booting it everywhere but it will be worse that genuinely disciplined driving on the pedals.
    I actually think the cruise control was invented and meant to be for people with heavy right foot... like me

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Peposhi your post made me laugh out loud lol

BahnStormer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by smillie13 View Post
    Peposhi your post made me laugh out loud lol
    It's good for saving your license, especially when there's temporary speed restrictions. Like setting an in-car speed limit at 95mph.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

da4
    Reverse Gear

Status
    This is what i'm getting
    A4 Avant B6 '02 TDI 130 5 manual - 177xxx miles and counting (11/2013) - Dolphin Grey

Neutral

Status
    My 2.0 Avant does 25 mpg, with a bit of motorway driving I got it up to 28. Reading posts in this thread I'd get the same from a 3.0 Quattro!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast