Audi 1.8T 190 Avant Quattro S-Line review with pictures

lanceneoman

Audi a6 3.0 tdi quattro
Reaction score
Right ive had my car for around a week now, so thought it was time to give it a brief review.

The car its self is an 04 Plate 1.8T 190 Avant S-Line quattro with 92k miles on the clock, which i paid £5499. It has full service history and is in near mint condition apart from a few stone chips which are expected.

MPG

previously owning a Seat Leon Cupra i was aware of what the MPG would be, however it is slight worse, averaging around 25mpg around town and 37-39 on the motorways staying under 70mph. So basically you get around about 400 miles per tank.

Performance

This is my favorite part, its quiet as hell and all civilized until you put you put you foot down and the revs go to 3000rpm and the turbo kicks in the performance for the size of the car is pretty good.
The quattro system works well, especially in the wet, never any wheel-spin. bliss to drive.

Comfort and ICE

The half leather works excellent, with many seat settings. The Audi symphony is brilliant and sound quality perfect. The dash and seating position is perfect, aswell as the dial white lit at night with red needles and all red lights.
There is plenty of room all over, and various spaces to put items.

Only thing i am unaware of is two little buttons on the drivers door hidden in side compartment with a picture of a car and something with what looks like a wifi symbol??

Overall

One word sums it all up = Amazing
Audi A4 1.8T S-Line Avant 230bhp night driving interior demo lights performance demo - YouTube video of interior and driving at night

I have a few niggles to get sorted, the main one is a knocking on the front wheel when cornering to the right, but the garage is sorting that tomorrow.

anyway, ill post some pictures and opinions welcome.

Attachments

• car 1.jpg
    car 1.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 2,117
  • 20121018_172730.jpg
    20121018_172730.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 683
  • car 3.jpg
    car 3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 926
  • 20121021_153322.jpg
    20121021_153322.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 639
Last edited:
Reactions: mister.c.
Looks nice and tidy matey I have a saloon sline 190 only thing I'd disagree with is power/performance I don't think there that impressive really but they are nice and smooth to drive and a nice car to be in and yours does look really tidy starting to wish I'd bought an avant

looks clean , i agree with slinepete the performance isnt that great but i think the rest of the car makes up for it

also the 2 buttons are part of your alarm you pull them out to activate one is interior sensors and the other is if someone tried towing your car its a very clever idea

scott

i know 190 bhp isnt that much for a car of this size. but i had a clio 182 2006 before this, and to be fair the clio dont feel quite as powerful, so im guessing mine has been remapped.

Mine has also been remapped but the performance is still not that impressive.

i know 190 bhp isnt that much for a car of this size. but i had a clio 182 2006 before this, and to be fair the clio dont feel quite as powerful, so im guessing mine has been remapped.

Not too long ago I had a 205 GTi which I fitted a 160bhp Mi16 engine to, slightly lighter than the Clios and in a straight line the 205 would embarrass most mid-range and many high-end modern off the shelf cars (not talking Ferraris etc) but was just shown heels by the Clio 182s. I then had a Subaru Legacy GTB import which again would do the same and was up to 80 a car length ahead of the Clio (I love airfield trackdays :D). However my current A4 1.8T Avant S-Line feels wheezily underpowered compared to both the 205 and the Legacy since it is lardy, the A4's probably got 500 odd kg on the Clio. Don't forget it's a different power delivery from the Clio, nice NA rev happy engine compared to the slight delay and then urgent surge of the 1.8T

I do love mine to bits it is a great car, but part of me regrets not getting the S4 now. The only happy thing being my wallet really.

Looks tidy in blue mate, not seen many around in that shade of blue. One thing though, please do remove that RS4 badge off the bootlid, it's not fooling anyone.

I know the person before decided it would look good, but it will be removed eventually.
I miss my revvy clio in ways but too many chavs try and make their 1.2s look like them and the comfort wad terrible. But my audi does feel to have similar performance which im fairly happy with due to the size of the car.

I do intend on making it fast eventually with new exhaust system etc but, for now, i love the looks and the comfort.

Im only 25 so when i first passed my test i had a 205 1.1 (wanted a gti) that was such a fun little car,

Great looking car! I'm also pretty pleased with the performance of my 1.8T 190, granted I've had it remapped but I was still very happy with it even before I had that done.

I'm 26, and when you weigh-up the purchase price, servicing costs, tax, and insurance against the looks, performance, size, comfort and reliability I think we've made a pretty smart choice. Which is why I've had mine around four years and still love it to bits.

I'm 22 and I love mine and its so much cheaper to insure than my last golf Gti
i think there ideal for our age group as your getting out of the modified scene and into the enthusiast scene :)

Mines been remapped and feels like a completely different car, be worth checking over some of the common faults now you've had it a little while

Be nice to see what supporting mods it has to make 230BHP, any idea of torque? I was of the understanding that this was Stage 2 sort of power on these engines

Mine was mapped at MRC Tuning and I was told the injectors hold it back therefore I only made 215BHP but 272ft/lbs and I have a Forge DV, Pipercross panel filter and Forge TIP now

Nice car though, echo on the ol' RS4 badge getting dumped