Chris NottVolks Autos
    A4 S-Line 1.8T Avant 230 BHP

Status

Audi 1.8T 190 Avant Quattro S-Line review with pictures

Right ive had my car for around a week now, so thought it was time to give it a brief review.

The car its self is an 04 Plate 1.8T 190 Avant S-Line quattro with 92k miles on the clock, which i paid £5499. It has full service history and is in near mint condition apart from a few stone chips which are expected.

MPG

previously owning a Seat Leon Cupra i was aware of what the MPG would be, however it is slight worse, averaging around 25mpg around town and 37-39 on the motorways staying under 70mph. So basically you get around about 400 miles per tank.

Performance

This is my favorite part, its quiet as hell and all civilized until you put you put you foot down and the revs go to 3000rpm and the turbo kicks in the performance for the size of the car is pretty good.
    The quattro system works well, especially in the wet, never any wheel-spin. bliss to drive.

Comfort and ICE

The half leather works excellent, with many seat settings. The Audi symphony is brilliant and sound quality perfect. The dash and seating position is perfect, aswell as the dial white lit at night with red needles and all red lights.
    There is plenty of room all over, and various spaces to put items.

Only thing i am unaware of is two little buttons on the drivers door hidden in side compartment with a picture of a car and something with what looks like a wifi symbol??

Overall

One word sums it all up = Amazing
    Audi A4 1.8T S-Line Avant 230bhp night driving interior demo lights performance demo - YouTube video of interior and driving at night

I have a few niggles to get sorted, the main one is a knocking on the front wheel when cornering to the right, but the garage is sorting that tomorrow.

anyway, ill post some pictures and opinions welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lanceneoman; 22nd October 2012 at 22:29.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Looks nice and tidy matey I have a saloon sline 190 only thing I'd disagree with is power/performance I don't think there that impressive really but they are nice and smooth to drive and a nice car to be in and yours does look really tidy starting to wish I'd bought an avant

S23
    1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add S23 on Facebook Visit S23's Instagram Channel
    looks clean , i agree with slinepete the performance isnt that great but i think the rest of the car makes up for it

also the 2 buttons are part of your alarm you pull them out to activate one is interior sensors and the other is if someone tried towing your car its a very clever idea

scott

Status
    i know 190 bhp isnt that much for a car of this size. but i had a clio 182 2006 before this, and to be fair the clio dont feel quite as powerful, so im guessing mine has been remapped.

Neutral

Status
    Mine has also been remapped but the performance is still not that impressive.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lanceneoman View Post
    i know 190 bhp isnt that much for a car of this size. but i had a clio 182 2006 before this, and to be fair the clio dont feel quite as powerful, so im guessing mine has been remapped.
    Not too long ago I had a 205 GTi which I fitted a 160bhp Mi16 engine to, slightly lighter than the Clios and in a straight line the 205 would embarrass most mid-range and many high-end modern off the shelf cars (not talking Ferraris etc) but was just shown heels by the Clio 182s. I then had a Subaru Legacy GTB import which again would do the same and was up to 80 a car length ahead of the Clio (I love airfield trackdays :D). However my current A4 1.8T Avant S-Line feels wheezily underpowered compared to both the 205 and the Legacy since it is lardy, the A4's probably got 500 odd kg on the Clio. Don't forget it's a different power delivery from the Clio, nice NA rev happy engine compared to the slight delay and then urgent surge of the 1.8T

I do love mine to bits it is a great car, but part of me regrets not getting the S4 now. The only happy thing being my wallet really.

Looks tidy in blue mate, not seen many around in that shade of blue. One thing though, please do remove that RS4 badge off the bootlid, it's not fooling anyone.
    2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T S-Line

Status
    I know the person before decided it would look good, but it will be removed eventually.
    I miss my revvy clio in ways but too many chavs try and make their 1.2s look like them and the comfort wad terrible. But my audi does feel to have similar performance which im fairly happy with due to the size of the car.

I do intend on making it fast eventually with new exhaust system etc but, for now, i love the looks and the comfort.

Im only 25 so when i first passed my test i had a 205 1.1 (wanted a gti) that was such a fun little car,

Will design for mods

Status
    Great looking car! I'm also pretty pleased with the performance of my 1.8T 190, granted I've had it remapped but I was still very happy with it even before I had that done.

I'm 26, and when you weigh-up the purchase price, servicing costs, tax, and insurance against the looks, performance, size, comfort and reliability I think we've made a pretty smart choice. Which is why I've had mine around four years and still love it to bits.

FOR SALE: Eibach Sportline Springs from B5 A4. £50 - PM for details.

S23
    1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add S23 on Facebook Visit S23's Instagram Channel
    I'm 22 and I love mine and its so much cheaper to insure than my last golf Gti
    i think there ideal for our age group as your getting out of the modified scene and into the enthusiast scene

Status
    yeah thats it. well ive had about 30 cars now, but the only ones i have kept and loved were my seat leon cupra and my other audi.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by lanceneoman View Post
    so im guessing mine has been remapped.
    Under your username it says 230bhp?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Status
    Yeah basically was.told its been mPped to 230

Top Gear

Status
    Mines been remapped and feels like a completely different car, be worth checking over some of the common faults now you've had it a little while

Be nice to see what supporting mods it has to make 230BHP, any idea of torque? I was of the understanding that this was Stage 2 sort of power on these engines

Mine was mapped at MRC Tuning and I was told the injectors hold it back therefore I only made 215BHP but 272ft/lbs and I have a Forge DV, Pipercross panel filter and Forge TIP now

Nice car though, echo on the ol' RS4 badge getting dumped
    Audi A4 1.8T S-Line Quattro (190) '04

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN