Rear seatbelt a4 Saloon??!

Dan TheMan Welburn

Reaction score
Hi all i have a problem it seems my 2 year old has managed to put something very small but troublesome in the offside rear seatbelt clasp, and now the seatbelt wont grip inside, it just pops back out, ive tried with alsorts of pins and thin screwdrivers to free it up but no luck, now theres an avant a few miles from me breaking, but what i need to know is.... Are the rear seatbelts the same? are they interchangeable?

Thanks

The bit that it clicks into, with the red button to release, is the same. You'll need to take your rear bench out... pull it up suddenly and hard and it'll pop up - the clips holding it should be replaces (Audi say) but I didn't. The clasp will be bolted to the body of the car very tightly - for obvious reasons.

The one im talking about also has the lap belt attached to it? so will it all be the same? thanks for all the help

Yes, should be identical. The only difference in the back is the seats themselves as the avant ones fold down, Saloons (generally speaking) do not - they had to be spec'd when ordered.

Yes, all seatbelt bolts are the same diameter and thread on pretty much all modern cars.

Just take the back seat out and bold the new one in.

pretty sure belt clasps are the same on both, if your stuck though I have a set, as i'm sadly breaking my A4 1.8t saloon.
just send a pm.