Chris NottBadger5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Slinepete

Thread: do i do a b7 conversion!

3rd Gear

Status

do i do a b7 conversion!

hi guys,weighing up whether to pay over the odds for a b6 s line front bumper that will need painting and then the expensive grills that never come with them plus i need my front wings sorting as theyve got the usual rust or do i by all the bits from a b7 which seem to be fairly cheap but maybe slightly more than sticking to b6 looking on ebay at the bits needed and by the looks of it the hardest bit looks to be cutting the wings for the headlights but at the end of it all i'll have the later looking front end!
    anyone else on here done the conversion and was there anything they struggled with?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    what happened to the bumper that was on the car?

2nd Gear

Status
    Im in the same boat mate, and ive chosen for the b7 front end, i got midway through prep for my respray before thinking about it lol, my plan is to buy a new set of b6 wings from hadrian panels not far from me, and a good set of used b7 ones and then get a friend whos handy with a mig welder to do them for me the rest of the spanner work ill do myself

PS... only expensive parts of this conversion ive found really are the headlights the panels seem to be really fairly priced
    Mods done: interior: Light to dark conversion, To Do: Carbon trim, carpet to be replaced, rear window retrofit. Exterior: Resprayed in Skoda's Rallye Green, 18" RS4 reps fitted, xenons, LED sidelights/NumberPlate lights, B Pillars wrapped in carbon. To Do: Lowering 35mm all round, tints, Tuning: Yet to do exhaust/remap/ egr delete etc..

5th Gear

Status
    My opinion for what it's worth is, why?? they look all wrong when you see a B7 front, then it passes you and it has a B6 rear, you obviously like the B6 shape or you wouldn't have bought it in the first place, I don't see why a sline lower new grills and paint should cost you any more than around £350 using new parts, I don't see as you will do a conversion for that and then you also have the added re- sale issue as it will only apeal to a small market, B7's are coming down loads now and I have to say the B6 us a far better shape anyway, I have decided to skip the B7 and keep the B6 untill I am in a position to buy a B8 black edition.
    The bottom line is it's your car and you will do with it as you please and this is just my opinion and I wish you luck if you decide to go ahead with it.
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I think a B7 conversion would hammer your resale value too.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    James is right. When you come to sell it, it will only appeal to those who want a B6/B7 hybrid. So you're dramatically narrowing down your market to about half a dozen people.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

3rd Gear

Status
    hi guys cheers for replys, never thought about it like that.
    suppose people may think youve stuffed the front end too and start questioning why youve replaced it lol.
    that said i personally think the b6 front end looks old hat now and b7 does like nicer so for me its swings and roundabouts,im gonna have a long think about it but in the meantime i need to get my coilovers and 19s sorted!

Status

My Social Networking

Why not save the money you'd spend on suspension and wheels and put it into a B7?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Why not save the money you'd spend on suspension and wheels and put it into a B7?
    good idea!!!

5th Gear

Status
    S4 grills and a Cuppra splitter will dramatically improve the look of a standard nose.
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

2nd Gear

Status
    I know it goes against the grain but I'd do it end of the day how much is the car going to be worth anyway not loads and I reckon if anything I think that would appeal to buyers as it would be a good price for something that in my eyes would look a lot newer just my opinion sorry
    Dan TheMan Welburn likes this.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinepete View Post
    I know it goes against the grain but I'd do it end of the day how much is the car going to be worth anyway not loads and I reckon if anything I think that would appeal to buyers as it would be a good price for something that in my eyes would look a lot newer just my opinion sorry
    It's not about how much it's worth but how many people will want to buy it.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

5th Gear

Status
    Only a suggestion but before you go and do your dosh why don't you do a poll, that way you will see what Audi fans think as for re-sale it would only be a Audi enthusiast that would buy.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah if you read it properly jdp I did say in my opinion I think it would appeal more at sale because of the relatively cheap newer look front end which in my opinion would appeal to anyone looking to buy an audi not just enthusiasts. Plus if that's what he wants to do leave him to it I'd do it tommorow if I had the spare cash worse case keep your old parts and swap them back over come sale time but I don't think that's an issue

Status

My Social Networking

do i do a b7 conversion!

Quote Originally Posted by Slinepete View Post
    Plus if that's what he wants to do leave him to it
    To be fair the whole point of the thread is the OP asking for peoples opinions on whether or not to do it!

It all depends what you like, for me personally because I like OEM looking stuff it wouldn't appeal, and I always like to buy my cars standard so I know that any mods that get done will be be to my standard.

Like all mods though, we do them because we want to, not because they make sense.

2nd Gear

Status
    Like all mods though, we do them because we want to, not because they make sense.

Exactly