Sidelight bulbs upgrade ?

dplovin

Reaction score
Just bought some Philips h7 xtreme headlight bulbs after seeing some good reviews, I know want to replace the sidelight ones with a close match whitish beam if possible.

anybody got any ideas

Philips blue vision ultra side lights.
Gives of a brighter white than standard side lights but not to silly like led's.

Plenty on eBay.

The fitment is 5w capless - 501 type bulb.

Cheers for the input guys :)

i managed to get them Philips h7 x-treme with the Philips sidelights thrown in aswell, give em a try

Sorry to hijack this thread, but just wanted to confirm these will fit my 2003 B6 A4 Saloon;

XENON WHITE 6000K CANBUS ERROR FREE SIDELIGHT LED 194 W5W T10 501 CAPLESS BULB | eBay

I am looking for an upgrade to the standard bulbs to match the HID lights. Also can anyone advise what bulbs to replace the fog lights with? They look pathetic compared to the headlights. :) Thanks!

Hi, contact Trups (t8ups) on the forum, he is a site sponsor on here and he will sort you out. :) x

I have these;

501/194/T10 Anti Bulb Warning Xenon White Wide Angle 30 Leds

They dont look bright on this picture / daylight - but in the dark you cant look directly at them!

DSC_0780Large_zps2922a509.jpg

I have similar from Ultraleds, they're good lights I think. As you say, hard to photograph, but as bright as you ever need.

Re the foglights, people have done lots of different things, if you ultimately want brightness then HID them (they'll be hopeless in fog!), or even try some of these new headlight fitment LED's floating about. In my experience A4 foglights are just poor anyway, I only ever use mine for the intended purpose, and have some Nightbreakers which are a worthwhile improvement on the standard bulbs, but they're not over impressive. But as I have yellow film on my fogs it doesn't bother me.

I have similar from Ultraleds, they're good lights I think. As you say, hard to photograph, but as bright as you ever need.

Re the foglights, people have done lots of different things, if you ultimately want brightness then HID them (they'll be hopeless in fog!), or even try some of these new headlight fitment LED's floating about. In my experience A4 foglights are just poor anyway, I only ever use mine for the intended purpose, and have some Nightbreakers which are a worthwhile improvement on the standard bulbs, but they're not over impressive. But as I have yellow film on my fogs it doesn't bother me.

I just want to use the fog lights for their intended purpose, the standard one's are just poor. Which nightbreakers did you get (link) please?

Im tempted to get some yellow LED bulbs for my fogs.

Fair enough, I will leave the fogs as they are. Only use them when I need them, which isn't very often to be fair.

I'd be a bit careful about 501 bulbs, as my 2004 B6 1.8T quattro is listed as 501 when they are in fact R434 -- for which there appear to be no LEDs !!!
The only work-a-round would be to change over the bulb connectors......