whos done the most to the cabbie

vr6gordy

Reaction score
done a fair few things to my car (2004 1.8T A4 CABRIOLET QUATTRO 6 SPEED)in the 2 years of ownership and would like to know what others have done so far ive fitted
18 new style 18" wheels and 215.35.18 tyres
lower 30mm with h and r springs
hid kit
led side lights
tinted front lights
blacked the crome front grill
seat curpa spliter
carbon wrapped the inside trim
crusie control
puddle lights
footwell lights
red lights in side of doors
rns-e
ps2
rear view cam
kat bypass pipe
k and n cone filter

Last edited by a moderator:
019-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

013-2.jpg

012-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

020.jpg

couldnt make my mind up witch one was best ... these are all i got now had to put new drive in pc today

forgot to put alley mirror covers in that list

rs4 seats i would love but 2500 is a lot of money to shell out ... maybe steering wheel next and pedals maybe

There's a guy on the AOC forum who has just bought a second cab to make into a trailer! It's the same colour, going to have the same wheels etc, and with a working roof etc, like this:

1214036-Passat.jpg

Reactions: GvZ
There's a guy on the AOC forum who has just bought a second cab to make into a trailer! It's the same colour, going to have the same wheels etc, and with a working roof etc, like this:

1214036-Passat.jpg

ha ha! how cool is that?
i wonder what its like inside though?

051.jpg

050.jpg

pics of my tinted lights

Last edited:
067.jpg
you can see the carbon trim in this one .. old pic i had on my phone rns-e not fitted there or c c ..

Last edited:
Can you get a better picture of the front end please, always wanted to know what the cupra splitter looks like on a cab due to the curved bottom of the bumper.

So far I have done to mine
Complete detail when I got it then enhance it every now and again
Second glove box light added and fitted red lenses
White led puddle and footwell lights and red door lights
Red door handle illumination
Led numberplate lights
Led side lights
Highline swcm
Cruise control
Auto dim rear view mirror
Carbon vinyl gear surround and rear ash tray
Parrot Bluetooth
Vag com features
Windows up with remote
Auto lock after 10mph
Alarm beep on locking
Brake light brightness increased

Extras already in my car are
Leather seats
Locking glove box
Illuminated heater vent dials
Ambiant roof lights
6 disc changer in glove box
Heated mirrors
Full DIS
Center armrest with red illumination inside
Storage trays under seats
Storage nets on seats
Electric lumber support

That's all I can think of.

Outside is standerd for now

few other things i missed led numberplate bulbs or bulb as have cam in one of them also ipod in back of rnd-e also led lighting inside car ... i will try take pic tomorrow of front spliter for you

Love the colour and the wheels, interior is very tidy too!

I've got a B7 not B6 but they're very similar, see signature for mods (plus custom SS exhaust as of next Monday)

I've had mine since February and have done the following:

Cruise Control
Later BT module for iPhone compatibility
RS4 carbon trim retro-fit
replacement battery cover
anti-dazzle mirror retro-fit
replaced one aluminium side panel on windscreen (black metal strip had fallen out)
RNS-e Mk2 (including swapping the bezel from my RNS-e Mk1)

Latest mod was to fit a cabrio-module remote interface so I can drop / raise the hood via the remote.

Current gripe is passenger side mirror isn't heating up - VCDS shows 00944 fault code.

Can you get a better picture of the front end please, always wanted to know what the cupra splitter looks like on a cab due to the curved bottom of the bumper.

So far I have done to mine
Complete detail when I got it then enhance it every now and again
Second glove box light added and fitted red lenses
White led puddle and footwell lights and red door lights
Red door handle illumination
Led numberplate lights
Led side lights
Highline swcm
Cruise control
Auto dim rear view mirror
Carbon vinyl gear surround and rear ash tray
Parrot Bluetooth
Vag com features
Windows up with remote
Auto lock after 10mph
Alarm beep on locking
Brake light brightness increased

Extras already in my car are
Leather seats
Locking glove box
Illuminated heater vent dials
Ambiant roof lights
6 disc changer in glove box
Heated mirrors
Full DIS
Center armrest with red illumination inside
Storage trays under seats
Storage nets on seats
Electric lumber support

That's all I can think of.

Outside is standerd for now
how did you code the windows so they work from remote ???????? didnt think this could be done on cabbie ??????????????

When coding the windows you need to code the car as an avant. This gets theremote windows working, only dissadvantage is it stops you folding the roof down from the door lock but I never used that anyway, use my remote windows a lot in the summer! I'll try and find the coding for you.

I've had mine since February and have done the following:

Cruise Control
Later BT module for iPhone compatibility
RS4 carbon trim retro-fit
replacement battery cover
anti-dazzle mirror retro-fit
replaced one aluminium side panel on windscreen (black metal strip had fallen out)
RNS-e Mk2 (including swapping the bezel from my RNS-e Mk1)

Latest mod was to fit a cabrio-module remote interface so I can drop / raise the hood via the remote.

Current gripe is passenger side mirror isn't heating up - VCDS shows 00944 fault code.

how did you get the roof to drop from the remote. Now that's something I need.

I installed a 'Remote Roof Module' - from reinhold-engineering

It wasn't easy soldering onto the existing wiring in the drivers door, but I got there in the end.

I got mine on German ebay.. I think next time I'd go for a SmartTop module instead as those plug in with no soldering required.

VR6Gordie - what colour is your car - looks absolutely gorgeous?
I just bought my car at the weekend (03 1.8Tsport cab)and I think its Moro Blue (although that might be the TT colour name??), but could do with some TLC. Would you be able to tell me how you've got your car looking so amazing i.e. what products have you used?

poor boys black hole and dodo juice puple haze plus ... used v36 on hex white pad first of and the colour is the same as yours moro blue

reading my post i missed off a couple of things that ive added blue tinted door mirror glass and all so fitted a rear rs4 anti roll bar

pbarlow0032 see your in stanley juicy jens is very close to you she will help sort out your paint

Hi vr6Gordy, almost can't believe it's the same colour, my paint just looks so flat compared to yours! Did you use a DA polisher to get yours so good? I've only ever polished/waxed by hand but I think I'm going to have to go to extreme lengths to get this car up to scratch!
i presume juicy detailing is well regarded on here?
Yes, in Stanley, are you north east based too?

Hi vr6Gordy, almost can't believe it's the same colour, my paint just looks so flat compared to yours! Did you use a DA polisher to get yours so good? I've only ever polished/waxed by hand but I think I'm going to have to go to extreme lengths to get this car up to scratch!
i presume juicy detailing is well regarded on here?
Yes, in Stanley, are you north east based too?
live justout side york but i pop up north a fair bit as my mother and farther in laws live up there and yes i have a da

Not a great pic but you get the idea
Untitled-1.jpg

Hi everyone, I know it's a thread about who's done the most to their cabbies, and I've done absolutely nothing to mine lol. But I saw it as a good opportunity to join the forum. Here's mine,totally stock albeit with a fake Kate Middleton and Union flags for the jubilee.

Attachments

• 2012-06-04 .jpg
    2012-06-04 .jpg
    103 KB · Views: 210
Little clean and bit lower prob needs a little more at rear

B41C1F81-0BBD-4FAF-9B81-BC79DA96C7BF-10903-00000B73984AAB7D.jpg

Hi there was just reading this post about cabbie mods one thing I really miss is having an auto dim rear view mirror how easy is it to to and what to I need. I've seen mirrors on eBay but not sure of fitment and stunned over the prices too