FOUND THE DAM OIL LEAK NOW WHAT IS IT ???

Neilb1

Reaction score
Only had the car not even a week and noticed this oil leak on the drive, now i hate oil on my drive, On further inspection i saw this with oil leaking from it, seems like a vac pump or what ever it is has been metal puttyed on the back of the engine on top of the cylinder head etc, can some one please tell me if it is thing that can be replaced hoping it is and not part of the cylinder head

seems they have puttyed it to the rocker as well tits

the engine is a 2.5 v6 tdi

20121017_1753551_zps82920f6e.jpg

Last edited:
well if that is broken i can sort that it is if the mounting plate on the cylinder head is broken.

I need someone with a pic of a cylinder head with out the pump on so i can see how it fits etc etc, last thing i want to do is remove it and it be the cylinder head mountings for it are shot

on studying various pics it seems to me that what ever that pump fixes to that is the problem, you can just see the nut on top of all the putty, well that is were the oil is leaking from

The pump fixes with 3 small alen head bolts and it's not any issue if the cam cap is broken as it's separate. Only snag is that you will need that part 2nd hand as the dealer only sell it as a complete kit, don't even ask how much they are !!! If you ever need one i might have one in my shed ! You need to order a seal for the vacuum pump - dealer only part...