Interior Lights not working when door is opened

AudidriverA4

Reaction score
Hi

I've just noticed that my interior lights have stopped working, when a door is opened, Nothing, but the funny thing is if I flick the switch to the I(manuel on) position they all light up, just not when the door is opened or when the car is turned off :uhm:

The rear lights also not working

Now I installed front ambient lighting the other night so maybe that had something to do with it :laugh:

Is there a fuse that controls the interior lights that could have blown?

Thanks

any damp on pass floor
all locks mirrors etc working ?

Worn micro switch in locking module......common prob with the VW group and starts off intermittently before completely failing.

Some bodge a replacement switch but most replace the whole module.....usually the drivers side as that is opened and closed the most.

Try drowning the lock catch in some wd40 as yours is stuck closed

On a VW it averages about £100 a side and is a straight swap. Did one in my previous car as the switch for me became stuck open meaning my lights were on all the time

Hi

I've just noticed that my interior lights have stopped working, when a door is opened, Nothing, but the funny thing is if I flick the switch to the I(manuel on) position they all light up, just not when the door is opened or when the car is turned off :uhm:

The rear lights also not working

Now I installed front ambient lighting the other night so maybe that had something to do with it :laugh:

Is there a fuse that controls the interior lights that could have blown?

Thanks

Have you tried all the doors? Do the door show up on the dash panel as being opened? If it's not working off all the doors I would rule out each door lock being faulty.

If the lamps work in the manual on position the power to them is ok so is the permanent earth. I would find a wiring diagram and check the wire from the convenience control unit is switching when a door is opened. I am not 100% sure on A4's but it should be a switched earth.