Chris NottEM Tuning
    imported_ZeroK66

Will A4 B5 seats fit in a B6?

So many good B6's knocking about but without leather... would it be possible to swap the seats over?

Cheers,
    Leon

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

Re: Will A4 B5 seats fit in a B6?

No definately not.
    I have a B5 2.8Q with leather and recently swapped the wife's A3TS for a B6 Avant TDi without leather (it would seem no tightarsed TDi owners shelled out for the upgrade). Have just bought a complete leather interior for the TDi and installed it and it's completely different to the B5. Just for starters the B6 front seats include the sliding rails which cannot be removed and are easily installed using 4 x 10mm Spline bolts straight to the floor. The B5 seats slide into the floor rails (which are part of the car) and are secured with a central clip at the front where the seat adjuster is. B6 has electric lumbar as standard and airbag, the B5 has manual lumbar and no airbag.
    The folding back seats are different too.
    Just keep your eyes peeled on ebay as B6 leather interiors do come up. I had to wait 4 weeks to get half leather/alcantara in black, with door cards for 440.
    Sold the cloth interior for 140 so 300 was a bargain IMO and they're a doddle to fit (took me about 5 hours in total and that included swapping all the electrics over as some clown and cut every loom on the door cards).

imported_ZeroK66

Re: Will A4 B5 seats fit in a B6?

Sounds like a bargain... well done man!! And alcantra too... nice!!

Thanks for the reply. Appreciated.