Radio resets every now and then

A7788

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been quiet for a while, which can only mean the car has been going well :)

I have noticed that the radio seems to reset every now and then. It sounds like when you unplug the power and plug it back in. Never asks for the code though. Any ideas?

I have checked the obvious loose connections etc, can't see anything obvious.

Thanks!

If it's the radio that was originally fitted to your car it won't ask for the code even if it loses power as it remembers the VIN and if it matches then it doesn't ask for the code.

Sounds like a loose power connection to me, tried the fuses as well as the wires?

Yes mate, checked fuses as well, all ok as far as I can see. The only time it ever does it is when I park up, and turn the car off. As soon as I remove the key I can hear it resetting. Has never done it while driving.

I mean that it makes noises like the CD changer is initialising or loading. If I actually unplug the power cable of the unit ans plug it back in it makes exactly the same noises.

Last edited:
say you was on track 5 on the CD
when you restart the car does the CD start from where you left it or Track 1 ?

It goes off CD completely. So next time I turn it on it's on radio. If I go to CD then it starts on track 1. Actually thinking about it, when it does it the next time I turn the car on the radio doesn't automatically turn on as usual, so I switch it on then it goes to radio.

strange
they usaly come on as you left them
have a scan see if it comes up with anything
as above fuses wireing.

Is there a fuse on the back of the Symphony II (like there is on the RNS-E)?

It definitely sounds like it's losing power when you turn the ignition off, but it's strange that it makes the "restarting" noises then too as that suggests it's only a temporary "glitch" loss of power?