hazard fault and start up fault?

glenandem

Reaction score
hi guys,since i bought the car a month ago its been great but the last few days the 1.9 tdi engine decides when it wants to on start up,it randomly revs up to 3k then comes down to idle but only on start up intermittently?
then today anouther fault was the hazard lights started flashing by themselves,i turned them on and off and not been back on since yet but this sounds like early signs of an electrical fault, ive not had chance to check earths or connections etc but read about the leaks on passenger side causing faults with the ecu but my carpets dry and my scuttle panel is draining ok?

ok just reading up and i believe the relay will be causing the hazrd fault so i'll get one from audi tomorrow and hopefully sort that but still got this random rev problem on startup?

the hazard switch is the relay
usaly new switch needed.

Your start up problem could very well be a coolant temp sensor vcds will confirm this..

just to update on this,i replaced hazard switch been fine since and i replaced the coolant temp sensor and found the old one to be very old looking and was actually leaking into the wiring side of it so good job i replaced it!