Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Remap don't !!!

Neutral

Status

Remap don't !!!

All will be revealed soon lol
    And the cars back up and running now thanks to Pete Wilson auto electrics and Tom for all his help much appreciated

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    what area so i know avoid

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    you didnt buy an ebay special and try doing it yourself ?

2nd Gear

Status
    I once got a remap from a guy near Cannock, never again will I use somebody who doesn't have any recommendations from people off forums like this!

Neutral

Status

Remap don't !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    you didnt buy an ebay special and try doing it yourself ?
    Noooooooo way lol although I imagine if I tried it would of been a lot worse lol

Neutral

Status

Remap don't !!!

Quote Originally Posted by scott b View Post
    what area so i know avoid
    Mansfield pal

3rd Gear

Status
    Crikey that's a mess, whoever did that should be shot.
    I've seen chips being removed from pre 99 VAG ECU's many times, & it's always been done using a tiny blow torch & solder braid not a soldering iron. As already stated the ECU should of been flashed through the OBDII port, there was absolutely no need to remove the chip unless they killed it & had too.
    I've had every VAG car (7) I've ever owned remapped without issue.
    A4 Avant B6 1.9 TDI 130 Sport (6) Moro Pearl Blue, GMBH S Line Kit, Decat pipe, 165bhp remap, EGR delete, Dunlop SP Max, Full Leather, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Bose, Audi phone prep, Cooled Glove Box, Rear privacy glass, Rear parking assist.
    2003 Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI FR in Lima green.

BahnStormer

Status

Re: Remap don't !!!

Please change the heading... this experience should put people off amature reCHIP jobs. No way any modern remap should need a soldering iron. And a before and after rolling road will let you see if it's had the expected results, otherwise it's just hit n hope.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

6th Gear

Status
    I like awesomes map n smoke job myself lol. 150 mile round trip to put it right or have it removed unfortunately wasnt a viable option. one company ill steer clear of in future for sure.
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lostbok View Post
    No way any modern remap should need a soldering iron. .
    Some very new stuff does Did one today actually, but not to any chip itself

Rick
    Unicorn Motor Developments. Bespoke Calibration and Remapping Services
    www.unicornmotordevelopments.com

4th set of a wheels in a year

Status

My Social Networking

Visit krisavant's Instagram Channel

Looks like it's all heading back to the soldering days anyway.

New cars not allowing the plug 'n' play way anymore.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by coatesy View Post
    Big fish tuning by any chance, in stokesly? If so, oh dear avoid like the plague. They apparently don't make any of there maps there all generic cow crap, and they have no idea what they are doing, anyone associated with them I wouldn't let touch my car.
    Hi Coatesy, sorry that's untrue, not at all. Why don't you pop down and say hello to me to see exactly what we do. I'll provide the bacon sarnie and a cup of coffee and we can discuss the 'cow crap' comment! We have all our own master devices, state of the art rolling road and diagnostics etc. So I can't say that is a fair post at all? Infact completely inaccurate. Unfortunately some companies feel the need to circulate bad rumours to make themselves feel better. Bring your car down and we can rolling road it for you free of charge and give you a proper view to how we do things here.

He claimed he used to work for a well know Fish named tuning company and he left them to start his own business but I spoke to them today and they need heard of him lol
    To be clear Big Fish is solely me and there is no other employees. If anyone is saying they used to work for me please let me know, and I will take it further.

Kind Regards,
    John @ Big Fish Tuning
    sales@bigfishtuning.co.uk

**To be clear this is not for advertising, simply to clear up incorrect information**

Reverse Gear

Status
    Coatesy - PM sent to you regarding our company and a free offer to come and visit us with a touch of hospitiality to show you what we do as your comments are 100% incorrect. We have our own facilities, rolling road and master devices etc. So I find this comment unfair and untrue.

To be clear this was not Big Fish Tuning. We write our own maps and it is solely me. No one works for me or ever has done. A 1.8T you should be able to flash by OBD unless it has been tamperered with a protection board recently.

I wrote a post but it hasn't appeared so trying again.

This is to clear up incorrect comments, and nothing to do with advertising to be clear.

Regards,
    John @ Big Fish Tuning
    sales@bigfishtuning.co.uk

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    John, thanks for your comments on this thread, I have been keeping an eye on it for a while.

For now, no posts have broken any rules, they are all based on people's experiences and opinions.

I'd just like to remind all further contributors to remain respectful of all parties.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

poking badgers with spoons
    Mouse Race Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    John, thanks for your comments on this thread, I have been keeping an eye on it for a while.

For now, no posts have broken any rules, they are all based on people's experiences and opinions.

I'd just like to remind all further contributors to remain respectful of all parties.
    I have spoken with john, he has invited me up to his place of work for a look around and personaly show me how his maps are made, to give me a better over view on his company on the whole.

My comment I made was not because I use a different tuner. It was the the fact when I researched for over a year for where is best suitable for my custom remap all the feedback I received was negative.

John also mentioned to me there is a few people out there trying to use his name.

I apologized for any upset I caused but when you here so many bad reviews about a place its only right to advise people against to save heart brake of something happens to there car. Maybe my wording was a little strong.

I'm sure after my visit to big fish tuning I will have a positive review to give. Which I will be happy to share with other's.
    SilvioD likes this.
    k03s/k04 hybrid a3 275bhp 293lbft
    vr6 mk2 golf gti

fellow north east members add your name to this list.
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/north-e...%2A%2A%2A.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12