Chris NottAH Fabrications
    BahnStormer

Status

spacer recommendations? 16" Trapeze alloy specs?

I'm pretty sure I know the spacers that I'm after (H&R Trak+), but just not 100% certain on how much I should go on each side and the really awkward thing is that the wheels are in storage right now and I'm not certain on the specs of my original alloys (the 16" "Trapeze" alloys that were standard on Sport spec A4's until they went to 17" as standard).

I have a weird feeling that they're something like 6.5J and ET54? Can somebody please confirm this?

I'm pretty sure that my Winter tyres are 215/55/16's.

Given that the 18" Avus III's (ET45) are 8J and wear 235/40/18 rubber, then an extra 15mm on each side should be reasonably comfortable without ANY risk of fouling, shouldn't it? 20mm wider tyre, so that's 10mm each side and ET45 vs ET54, so that's 9mm further "out" already.... so 15mm each side will be closer to the stance of the Avus III's....

Not sure if any of these would help...

The only photo's I have with the correct tyres on are distance shots:

Closer up, but please note that these are with 205/55/16 rubber, so definitely won't look quite right!

Or should I be aiming for more than 15mm each side? If so, I think I might get the tyres back from storage (and get them fitted to the car) and then order the spacers once I've done some measurements...
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lostbok View Post

I have a weird feeling that they're something like 6.5J and ET54? Can somebody please confirm this?

I'm pretty sure that my Winter tyres are 215/55/16's.
    The ET is 42,not 54!A4 don`t use such a high ET.

Yes,standard tyres size are 215/55/16,but also 205/55/16.

B6 1,9TDI AVF SPORT QUATTRO AVANT

Mods:RNS-e sat nav,Bluetooth,Rear camera,Full led interior/exterior,Cobra PCD,S4 B5 front brakes,S line body kit+S4 door blades,S line gear knob,RS4 B7 handbrake,RS6 wheels,EGR deleted,cruise control,custom leather & alcantara seats,tinted windows,A4 B7 arms & wiper blades,BV43 turbo,FMIC,custom remap(around 200hp and 368lb/ft tourque)

BahnStormer

Status
    okay, thanks: I think I'll get the wheels fitted first, check them out and THEN order the spacers... litttle bit of a hassle to sort the spacers out as a separate job, but probably not worth rushing it...

just looked at vagcat: all the 16's are ET42 or ET45, so I definitely need to get mine back and double-check what I've got, pretty sure they're these ones: 8E0601025T

http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/au/A4Q...49/54/3141999/
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Without digging mine out the shed to double check I can be 100% sure, but I 'think' the Trapez wheels are ET45. I'd aim for 8 or 10mm spacers, personally I feel that anymore is a false economy, as looks wise they will always be 16" wheels, and if you went more than that I think the wider track would affect the handling too much, thus losing the gain of winter tyres.
    Last edited by quattrojames; 8th October 2012 at 23:25.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

1st Gear

Status
    Ihave a spare wheel in my garage;so,like i said,ET 42

B6 1,9TDI AVF SPORT QUATTRO AVANT

Mods:RNS-e sat nav,Bluetooth,Rear camera,Full led interior/exterior,Cobra PCD,S4 B5 front brakes,S line body kit+S4 door blades,S line gear knob,RS4 B7 handbrake,RS6 wheels,EGR deleted,cruise control,custom leather & alcantara seats,tinted windows,A4 B7 arms & wiper blades,BV43 turbo,FMIC,custom remap(around 200hp and 368lb/ft tourque)

1st Gear

Status
    They're Definitely ET42. I just put my trapez wheels on ready for winter. Tyre size on mine are 205/55/16
    Audi A4 B7 1.9TDi SE | Auto Lights, Wipers & Dimming Mirror | Cruise Control | DIS

Mod's so far: Ambient light, Cupra R splitter, 4300k HID's, Painted Brake Calipers & Hubs, Dice Electronics iPod & Aux, Leather Armrest, Interior, Sidelight & Number Plate LED's, Curry Hooks, Tie Downs, Ambient Footwell LED's, Footwell Lights, Shadow Chrome S-Line (RS6) wheels, Mudflaps, Votex Rear Diffuser, RS4 Rear ARB

BahnStormer

Status
    weird... just changed the wheels over and checked them.... pretty sure they were ET45 (vagcat says either size for the trapeze)... I'll go and check again in a minute (once it stops raining)...

12mm each side is hubcentric, I think 10mm is non-hubcentric, so I think I'll stick with 12mm...

I'm not looking for "filled arches", like James said: "they'll always be 16" wheels" and they'll always be on chunky winter tyres.... but a slightly better stance would be nice and 12mm still has the wheels within the geometry of the S4's (8j vs 7j = 25mm difference, so 12mm extra offset will just have the "face" of the wheel in the same place
    LostBok/BahnStormer77

1st Gear

Status
    Hope you don't mind me asking (slightly off and on topic) Do you run any spacers with your 18" Avus wheels?

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    My memory decieved me obviously, mine are 7J ET42.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.