Passenger front door not locking

choimaloy

Reaction score
Hi guys I have problem with the front passenger door not locking,power to the door is there as the windows and mirrors and lighting all work but it just doesn't lock with the fob or by using the key in the drivers door I just don't understand it.also the mirror moves when operated but doesn't heat up like the driver one,could it be related.

Also forgot mention that all the other doors when locked and I open the passenger door the alarm goes off if that helps anyone.

I would take a guess at this being an issue with the wiring loom from the door to the body.

As above sounds like its a wiring fault, but could also be the mechanism, if theyre anything like the mk4 golfs they do fail,

I've had the harness out the car and checked it also I changed the locks while ago when the micro switch went it,the old lock I changed didn't lock either so it's got me beat as everything else works on the door.

I've got a similar problem (few threads below this).

Can't open my n/s/r door from the outside, as it seems the electrics have failed. I can't open it from the inside either as the child lock is on

I'm going to take the doorcard off and see if I can see what is going on with it. Sounds electrical, same as yours. However maybe yours has just one wire broken

I've got a similar problem (few threads below this).

Can't open my n/s/r door from the outside, as it seems the electrics have failed. I can't open it from the inside either as the child lock is on

my child lock is off - and my n/s/r has this problem occasionally. Checked the body-door wires and seem OK. VAG-COM does report single wire operation but no more details. Looked up the code in the workshop manual and advises: check wiring and check lock. Replace as necessary!!
Have a salvaged lock to try - just need time to fit.
Going to re-check wiring also again.

check drivers door wires from car to body
its normaly that side that fails.

Well I tryed a different loom tonite and the problem still remains,so my thinking is the it has something to do with the window motor as everything plugs into that.

Well today I finally got to the bottom of why my door wasn't looking,after changing the window motor and still no joy I turned my attention to the socket on the car body where the wiring harness plugs in to and there I found 2 pins that had snapped clean off.what I thought was going to need to buy a internal harness but then I had the idea of using some map pins and force each down each of the holes where the pins had snapped to make a connection and it works,every thing is working beautifully now full central locking.so if anyone is having this problem check the pins in the socket.