carbon wrapping trim

glenandem

Reaction score
anyone done this to their a4?
ive got that silver coloured looking sort of carbon dash trim but passenger side has a few scratches so fancy wrapping it in dark grey carbon stuff, just wondered is it hard to do like curving round edges and ashtray gearstick etc?

Reactions: dplovin
I done the grill surround on my old s3 never done the trim but know a few who have. Grille was **** easy you just need a heat gun or hair dryer to heat it as you put it on, becomes really flexible and stretchy then should be easy in my opinion mate

Just done mine today!!
I had the silver trim like you.
IMAG1052.jpg

IMAG1053.jpg

Reactions: Mark67
I've done all the silver dash trim on mine and it cost £60 for a 1.5m x 3m roll (still have tons left over).

One for you Paul26982, it's easy to do around the Quattro badge, just pop the badge out put the film over the whole panel then after put a slice in the film where the recess for the badge is then push the badge back in. Simple's.

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

Wrapped the wood in mine with silver carbon wrap, got the wrap off ebay, cost £9 for enough for the whole interior. The whole job took two hours including removing and refitting all the trim. Take it all in the house and set to it with a stanley knife and a hair dryer

anyone done this to their a4?
ive got that silver coloured looking sort of carbon dash trim but passenger side has a few scratches so fancy wrapping it in dark grey carbon stuff, just wondered is it hard to do like curving round edges and ashtray gearstick etc?

dunno why it said i dislike this post lol sorry pal fat fingers

dunno why it said i dislike this post lol sorry pal fat fingers

haha i just thought you was being c#nt lol!!

my trim around the gearstick has this weird crazing marks on it so gonna definately do mine,i had the carbon cube trim in my old 330i sport and its little things like that that makes all the difference!

that looks awesome mate,so much better than that original trim we got,made my mind up to get it done!
where did you guys order your stuff from?

Ebay. There's loads of the stuff on there but a lot of cheap stuff also.
3m di-noc obviously the best stuff but expensive.

haha i just thought you was being c#nt lol!!

my trim around the gearstick has this weird crazing marks on it so gonna definately do mine,i had the carbon cube trim in my old 330i sport and its little things like that that makes all the difference!

haha no mate nice guy me' i leave the being a **** bit too me misses

haha no mate nice guy me' i leave the being a **** bit too me misses

dont we all pal!

do you have a link to the stuff you bought krisavant and is it really sticky stuff or can you apply it and be able to lift it if you get it wrong sticking it and reapply it?

Ive done my gear surround and climate control unit, my first attempt at the dash trim didnt go well couldnt get the edges to stick for some reason

dont we all pal!

do you have a link to the stuff you bought krisavant and is it really sticky stuff or can you apply it and be able to lift it if you get it wrong sticking it and reapply it?

I've bought loads in the past for past cars or mates cars etc but I like this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/18089392966...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Gives a good 3d effect with a little shine and hard wearing.

It's all easy to peal off if made mistake.