Engine mods ?

S23

Reaction score
Looking into doing some work to the engine on
my 1.8t will be going for a revo stage 1 map soon but is there anything else than I can do for a little bit extra like upgrading the boost pipe or changing to a forge 008 recirc ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated
thanks

If you get the 008 recirc valve and the stage 1 revo, that's exactly what I've done to mine so far. TTS roadsport in Bedford did my map and fitted the valve at the same time. Gave me a good deal on the map, and Forge products were free fitting at the time too.

Made the car feel awesome. I had thought it had wrecked my mpg, but that was only because I was errr, "enjoying" the extra power on every journey I did in the car. Now I've had it a while, if I drive like an angel I can get around 400 miles out of a full tank, if I drive a little less angelic, it's around 350.

There's a audible "Ptshh" but only very slight.

Only 400 miles on a good day ? Im getting 450 with mixed driving.

Back on topic. Upgraded recirculation valve and boost hoses will not increase performance. Turbo Vag's tend to respond well to intake modifications. Other than that a full exhaust and TIP is all you can really do to 'help'.

Is yours a quattro Andi? My excuse would be that I think the quattros have a smaller tank. If not then either I'm crap at driving economically or my remap costs me 50 miles every time I fill the tank, lol.

yep the TQ has a smaller tank

Looking into doing some work to the engine on
my 1.8t will be going for a revo stage 1 map soon but is there anything else than I can do for a little bit extra like upgrading the boost pipe or changing to a forge 008 recirc ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated
thanks

Hi S23,

The best hardware changes to go with on a generic map are replacement DV (either 007P or 008) and a simple air filter or induction kit upgrade.

Neither will offer great power improvements as this is controlled and determined by the ECU software but both will aid this.

The DV will help with the higher boost pressures and the filter will let the engine breath a little easier.

For what model are you looking at doing the modifications to?

It's a o4 model I don't know my engine code till I see the book and its a Quattro
i have a k&n hi flow panel filter already on the car and looking into either a forge 007/008 then off to revo for a stage 1 map

yep the TQ has a smaller tank

the 1.8t quattro has a 62 litre tank,its bigger,i should know cost me nearly 90 pound to fill up last week. lol we are reffering to a3's aren't we?

well were in the a4 section so work out the car its about !
and ehat is the quattro tank bigger than ?