EM TuningMonster Motorsport
Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    50

    Can I fit red LEDs to this?

    Hi again,

    Just wondering if I can fit red LEDs to this unit or is there a replacement one I can get that will give me the option? Had them in my B5 and they just add that little extra when lighting up the gearstick area.

    Thanks



    An idea for Audi would have been to fit LEDs to the circle and triangle symbols on the sunroof control!

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    In here:

    DIY Guides + FAQ & B6 Wiki

    Are lots of useful threads such as:

    Ambient light thread,
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  4. #3
    Mike.M's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    1,582
    I would be interested in the LED module part number if available separately
    Mike

    B6 A4 1.9 TDI Sport 130 - GMBH/S-Line kit - Akoya Silver
    - BUILD THREAD >>

  5. #4
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    8E0 919 063 A I think.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  6. #5
    Mike.M's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    1,582
    Cheers
    Mike

    B6 A4 1.9 TDI Sport 130 - GMBH/S-Line kit - Akoya Silver
    - BUILD THREAD >>

  7. #6
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    In here:

    DIY Guides + FAQ & B6 Wiki

    Are lots of useful threads such as:

    Ambient light thread,
    Thanks for that

    Tell me this, what are the we vent like things for close to the main interior light?

  8. #7
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Phone mic I think.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  9. #8
    Mike.M's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    1,582
    Motion sensors on my A4
    Mike

    B6 A4 1.9 TDI Sport 130 - GMBH/S-Line kit - Akoya Silver
    - BUILD THREAD >>

  10. #9
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    That too, I'm not sure what 'vents' you mean specifically?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  11. #10
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    That too, I'm not sure what 'vents' you mean specifically?
    Yeah I didn't make myself very clear I guess and apologies for the delay in responding. The red arrows are pointing to these "vents" I refer to:


  12. #11
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    1,788
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

  13. #12
    scottshere's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    337
    Whats with the big dial in the middle?
    A4 1.9TDI Sport - 130 (B6) / Mods: None yet, just getting the basic right first

  14. #13
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    148
    sunroof switch isnt it!

    the grill is where the phone mic goes

  15. #14
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by scottshere View Post
    Whats with the big dial in the middle?
    Timer for microwave!

    But being serious I am guessing car has a sunroof.

  16. #15
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian-83 View Post
    Timer for microwave!

    But being serious I am guessing car has a sunroof.
    No it has a microwave!

  17. #16
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian-83 View Post
    Timer for microwave!

    But being serious I am guessing car has a sunroof.
    No not really lol.

    Yeah for some reason this one comes with a sunroof AND climate control, which I find weird.

  18. #17
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by bugwhizz View Post
    sunroof switch isnt it!

    the grill is where the phone mic goes
    Ah that makes sense, thanks for that.

  19. #18
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    50
    Here's another one for you; can ambient lighting be fitted retrospectively to the (now let me see if I can desscribe this right) do you know the we space just behind the ashtray? Here is a jpeg I grabbed from the net, the red arrow is the bit I'm talking about. My B5 had lighting in here and just wondering can it easily be done?

  20. #19
    bez101's Avatar
    Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,536
    anything can be done with time
    but yes

  21. #20
    SmoothAssault's Avatar
    Will design for mods

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    790
    Don't see why not, I'm planning on doing it when I've got my centre console out. Going the drop one in under the centre arm rest too if I can conceal all the wires nicely enough.

    Mine came with the phone kit seen in your photo (ugly big old ba***rd) which I promptly removed a few days after owning the car. It's left me with two massive holes in my dash so I recently bought a replacement console, just haven't had time to take it all apart yet. When I do, I'll be drilling some extra LED holes.

    FOR SALE: Eibach Sportline Springs from B5 A4. £50 - PM for details.

  22. #21
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacer View Post
    No not really lol.

    Yeah for some reason this one comes with a sunroof AND climate control, which I find weird.
    Climate is standard on all A4's, the sunroof is a (rare) option, which doesn't delete the climate option.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  23. #22
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Climate is standard on all A4's, the sunroof is a (rare) option, which doesn't delete the climate option.
    Thanks for that. So it's safe to say that the sunroof was requested by the purchaser? It also comes with the beige leather interior which I have been informed is rare and would have been requested as it wasn't standard - though I don't know for sure.
    Last edited by Spacer; 16th October 2012 at 01:00.

  24. #23
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothAssault View Post
    Don't see why not, I'm planning on doing it when I've got my centre console out. Going the drop one in under the centre arm rest too if I can conceal all the wires nicely enough.

    Mine came with the phone kit seen in your photo (ugly big old ba***rd) which I promptly removed a few days after owning the car. It's left me with two massive holes in my dash so I recently bought a replacement console, just haven't had time to take it all apart yet. When I do, I'll be drilling some extra LED holes.
    Let me know how you get on if and when you do it as I'd be interested to see if it's an easy enough job. I'd hope it would be as easy as the ambient lightening I mention above. Regards the led in the centre armrest, my B6 actually comes with one in there, which again I find odd. But it looks the part at night when you open it up. I can only assume it was a factory fit as the previous owner was a woman lol.

  25. #24
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacer View Post
    Here's another one for you; can ambient lighting be fitted retrospectively to the (now let me see if I can desscribe this right) do you know the we space just behind the ashtray? Here is a jpeg I grabbed from the net, the red arrow is the bit I'm talking about. My B5 had lighting in here and just wondering can it easily be done?
    What's the name for that bit? Been searching for hours on google to see if anyone else has done it but hopeless unless I know what it's called :0

  26. #25
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Sunroof would have been specced by the purchaser yes.

    I'm not aware of a name for that bit, other than central storage area or similar. A lot of people do away with it by converting to double din for the RNSe satnav anyway.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  27. #26
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Sunroof would have been specced by the purchaser yes.

    I'm not aware of a name for that bit, other than central storage area or similar. A lot of people do away with it by converting to double din for the RNSe satnav anyway.
    Ah right, I was looking last night wondering how the unit fitted in there. Now I know! Wouldn't mind getting one when I have the £500 to spare. Looks the part.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. This is why you fit RED Brembo calipers!
    By jojo in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25th September 2011, 19:37
  2. Can I fit this S3 rear on my car?
    By Agent_Trig in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 15th April 2011, 14:28
  3. Can I fit A boost Controller on My S4
    By AudiPete in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 1st November 2006, 11:00
  4. Audi Factory Bose system, can i run an amp of this
    By dubhyper in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2nd September 2006, 21:12
  5. wot tyre sizes can i fit given rim sizes
    By dummi in forum Handling
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15th September 2004, 21:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO