Can I fit red LEDs to this?

Spacer

Reaction score
Hi again,

Just wondering if I can fit red LEDs to this unit or is there a replacement one I can get that will give me the option? Had them in my B5 and they just add that little extra when lighting up the gearstick area.

Thanks

zu55d.jpg

An idea for Audi would have been to fit LEDs to the circle and triangle symbols on the sunroof control!

I would be interested in the LED module part number if available separately

That too, I'm not sure what 'vents' you mean specifically?

That too, I'm not sure what 'vents' you mean specifically?

Yeah I didn't make myself very clear I guess and apologies for the delay in responding. The red arrows are pointing to these "vents" I refer to:

15etpqf.jpg

sunroof switch isnt it!

the grill is where the phone mic goes

Timer for microwave! :p

But being serious I am guessing car has a sunroof.

No not really lol.

Yeah for some reason this one comes with a sunroof AND climate control, which I find weird.

Here's another one for you; can ambient lighting be fitted retrospectively to the (now let me see if I can desscribe this right) do you know the we space just behind the ashtray? Here is a jpeg I grabbed from the net, the red arrow is the bit I'm talking about. My B5 had lighting in here and just wondering can it easily be done?
zumm12.jpg

anything can be done with time
but yes

Don't see why not, I'm planning on doing it when I've got my centre console out. Going the drop one in under the centre arm rest too if I can conceal all the wires nicely enough.

Mine came with the phone kit seen in your photo (ugly big old ba***rd) which I promptly removed a few days after owning the car. It's left me with two massive holes in my dash so I recently bought a replacement console, just haven't had time to take it all apart yet. When I do, I'll be drilling some extra LED holes.

No not really lol.

Yeah for some reason this one comes with a sunroof AND climate control, which I find weird.

Climate is standard on all A4's, the sunroof is a (rare) option, which doesn't delete the climate option.

Climate is standard on all A4's, the sunroof is a (rare) option, which doesn't delete the climate option.

Thanks for that. So it's safe to say that the sunroof was requested by the purchaser? It also comes with the beige leather interior which I have been informed is rare and would have been requested as it wasn't standard - though I don't know for sure.

Last edited:
Don't see why not, I'm planning on doing it when I've got my centre console out. Going the drop one in under the centre arm rest too if I can conceal all the wires nicely enough.

Mine came with the phone kit seen in your photo (ugly big old ba***rd) which I promptly removed a few days after owning the car. It's left me with two massive holes in my dash so I recently bought a replacement console, just haven't had time to take it all apart yet. When I do, I'll be drilling some extra LED holes.

Let me know how you get on if and when you do it as I'd be interested to see if it's an easy enough job. I'd hope it would be as easy as the ambient lightening I mention above. Regards the led in the centre armrest, my B6 actually comes with one in there, which again I find odd. But it looks the part at night when you open it up. I can only assume it was a factory fit as the previous owner was a woman lol.

Here's another one for you; can ambient lighting be fitted retrospectively to the (now let me see if I can desscribe this right) do you know the we space just behind the ashtray? Here is a jpeg I grabbed from the net, the red arrow is the bit I'm talking about. My B5 had lighting in here and just wondering can it easily be done?
zumm12.jpg

What's the name for that bit? Been searching for hours on google to see if anyone else has done it but hopeless unless I know what it's called :0

Sunroof would have been specced by the purchaser yes.

I'm not aware of a name for that bit, other than central storage area or similar. A lot of people do away with it by converting to double din for the RNSe satnav anyway.

Sunroof would have been specced by the purchaser yes.

I'm not aware of a name for that bit, other than central storage area or similar. A lot of people do away with it by converting to double din for the RNSe satnav anyway.

Ah right, I was looking last night wondering how the unit fitted in there. Now I know! Wouldn't mind getting one when I have the £500 to spare. Looks the part.