10mm hubcentric spacers

RyanJonS4

Drive It Like You Stole It
Reaction score
Is anyone running 10mm hubcentric spacers? If so which ones?

Getting to the time of year where I'm going to be putting my winter wheels and tyres back on, and they will not clear my brakes unless theres at least a 7mm spacer. I was running 15mm spcers all round but I think they will cause problems with fowling on the front now that my cars been lowered.

I've been looking at the cheap ones on ebay but dont really like the look of them tbh!

Also wheres the best place to purchase longer bolts?

Ryan

Mine are 8mm, but they're H&R and I bought them from DPM Performance. You know where you are with them, spacers aren't really to be skimped on and they come with the longer bolts. He will price match too if you find them cheaper elsewhere.

Reactions: BahnStormer77
Cheers James, are they hubcentric? I was under the impression that 10mm is the thinnest you can go while still being hubcentric?

8mm would be perfect thinking about it as my wheels would clear my breaks and I'd have a bit of tuck on the front.

How much roughly where they?

My 15mm's are mtm and I share your centiments exactly on not skimping!

They were marketed as hubcentric, I think it's only10mm and above that have the inbuilt lip though. Mine are very good, I've had them on for over a year with no concerns. I 'think' I paid just shy of £150 for both pairs, but it might have been £130 I'm not too sure. Thoroughly recommended though.

Thanks James - I'm just about to get some 12mm hubcentrics for my winter wheels and was going to go for the H&R (Trak+) as I've had good experiences in the past (rock solid, fitted well and very light alloy compared to steel spacers I've seen)... I'll give DPM a shout in the next week or two!

I bought some off DPM website, will report back what I think of them once recieved

Had these delivered other day and just been weighing them up. They look to me like the weight of the car is going to be resting on the wheel bolts?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Not had chance to try them yet tho as not quite cold enough for my winter tyres!!

Ryan

What width are they?

On my 8mm there was enough of the existing lip showing through for the wheel centre to rest on.

IMG-20110804-00104.jpg

Looking to get some wheel spacers myself but can't work out what sizes will work best with OEM 18" S4 Avus alloys et45 Am I right in from what I have read to aim for an et32-35?

Also what do people do for locking wheel nuts? And also longer bolts? Reason I ask about bolts as I believe there it two difference sizes to the radius seating of the bolt OEm are R13 and aftermarket tend to be R12?

The weight of the car never rests on the bolts, or the lip.

Hubcentric (with the lip) is to allow easier fitment of your alloy wheels.

The weight of the car is supported by the clamping force of the bolts creating friction between the wheel and the hub, or in this case between the wheel, the spacer and the hub.

Nevertheless, one M14 bolt can hold somewhere in the region of 0.7tonnes. So at each wheel, the bolts have roughly the capacity to hold 3.5tonnes.

Back to the original question, I've used TPI spacers and bolts on loads of cars without problem. The only ones I'm aware that have problems are the 12mm hubcentrics as they aren;t deep enough to clear the hub nut cap

The weight of the car never rests on the bolts, or the lip.

Hubcentric (with the lip) is to allow easier fitment of your alloy wheels.

The weight of the car is supported by the clamping force of the bolts creating friction between the wheel and the hub, or in this case between the wheel, the spacer and the hub.

Nevertheless, one M14 bolt can hold somewhere in the region of 0.7tonnes. So at each wheel, the bolts have roughly the capacity to hold 3.5tonnes.

Back to the original question, I've used TPI spacers and bolts on loads of cars without problem. The only ones I'm aware that have problems are the 12mm hubcentrics as they aren;t deep enough to clear the hub nut cap

when you say the 12mm aren't deep enough to clear the hub nut cap is this on the rear?

when you say the 12mm aren't deep enough to clear the hub nut cap is this on the rear?

I've never personally had the problem. I just know its an issue on some vag cars. the cap means the rear lip sticks out about 11mm or so, and the 12mm spacer has an internal lip of 9mm or so, so they don't sit flush, but you can file a small amount off the cap, or remove it completely to allow them on

I've never personally had the problem. I just know its an issue on some vag cars. the cap means the rear lip sticks out about 11mm or so, and the 12mm spacer has an internal lip of 9mm or so, so they don't sit flush, but you can file a small amount off the cap, or remove it completely to allow them on

Ahhhhh I know what you mean now. Sorry was half asleep! I has this problem with some 12mm spacers on my Mk4 Golf I had, had to modify the dust cap for the hub nut to make them fit ok.

Think I have just found a spacer kit the TT shop do of TPI wheel spacers that looks like it will do all I need.

Looking to get some wheel spacers myself but can't work out what sizes will work best with OEM 18" S4 Avus alloys et45 Am I right in from what I have read to aim for an et32-35?

Also what do people do for locking wheel nuts? And also longer bolts? Reason I ask about bolts as I believe there it two difference sizes to the radius seating of the bolt OEm are R13 and aftermarket tend to be R12?

Aim for ET35 and you'll be happy. Maybe ET32 if you like the wheels 'sticking out'.

The H&R spacers come with longer wheels bolts, I'm not sure if all spacers do, probably not. When you buy them then you can specify the bolts you require.

You'll need to buy a set of longer locking bolts if you wish to retain that option.