Audi 1.9 TDI - Clutch

amz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

A bit of a bad news, my clutch is on it's way out :(. It hasn't started slipping yet but the gearbox itself feels quite stiff when trying to engage gears. I just got it checked out by a mechanic and he confirmed it is the clutch.

What would be the OEM quality clutch to go for? Please bare in mind I am avoiding Audi stealers since it will cost me an arm and a leg to purchase from them.

Hi mate, I was just on Euro car parts website and they pretty much recommend Luk too. I am also looking to do a remap on my Audi very soon, so just wondering if it will be ideal to fit a standard clutch on or a uprated clutch?...obviously if there's not a huge difference in price?

Just replaced my clutch and the OE one that came out was an LUK part so that's what I replaced it with.
Mine has also been remapped and the clutch is coping very well thus far.

Car parts 4 less is a very good website and the parts are from Euro Car Parts anyway. If you purchase the clutch and flywheel in 2 separate transaction and use one of the discount code then you can get them for under 350 quid !
I would look for Sachs flywheels if you're looking to remap in the future, they are much better quality than the LUK !

Just replaced my clutch and the OE one that came out was an LUK part so that's what I replaced it with.
Mine has also been remapped and the clutch is coping very well thus far.

Nice one mate, I could happily go ahead with this brand of clutch then without having to worry too much.

Car parts 4 less is a very good website and the parts are from Euro Car Parts anyway. If you purchase the clutch and flywheel in 2 separate transaction and use one of the discount code then you can get them for under 350 quid !
I would look for Sachs flywheels if you're looking to remap in the future, they are much better quality than the LUK !

Great! Sounds really good. I've noticed on ebay a seller is selling the DMF and LUK clutch for around £340! Sounds reasonable?

Nice one mate, I could happily go ahead with this brand of clutch then without having to worry too much.

Great! Sounds really good. I've noticed on ebay a seller is selling the DMF and LUK clutch for around £340! Sounds reasonable?

Getting mine from these guys. Always trusted em and they can get it next day for me
Audi A3 1.9 2000 | Clutch Kits | From Livingston Autoparts Ltd Car Parts | Cheap Car Parts Online and Car Accessories website
Is it a tricky job.?
Am i likely to need a Flywheel as well as the clutch.?
Its an ASV engine code
Wifes car borrowed it yesterday and clutch went great. :sign_unfair:
Typical my first post gets to be about her car and not My A4

I know this maybe a bit too late, but I've just bought my clutch and flywheel for just under £285. Both LUK. Only thing remaining is to get it fitted. I've got 2 garages giving me quote of £150, just don't know who to give it as I know both personally.

I know this maybe a bit too late, but I've just bought my clutch and flywheel for just under £285. Both LUK. Only thing remaining is to get it fitted. I've got 2 garages giving me quote of £150, just don't know who to give it as I know both personally.
Defo give it to one of them. I tried it my self. Damn car fought all the way. Took ages to get out and then even longer to get in had to remove the drive shaft flange on one side of the gearbox.

I know how to replace it myself, but I know when it comes to one of these jobs in reality its more than what you expect.

So without a doubt I'm handing it over to the technitians (garage is such a greasy word....Lol;))