Lowering a b6, straight forward or any nasty surprises?

Bean5

D5_SNS
Reaction score
As above, my mates got to lower a a4 b6 at work he is a mechanic so got a general idea of what hes doing but not done it on a b6 before, any one know if there are any things likely to crop up to cause issues that I could advise him about??

Great.. Thanks you mean look it up on an Audi forum, a bit like this one?!

Pinch bolts won't be an issue if he's in a decent workshop. Bit of heat and an air ratchet and they practically fall out

People have lowered them without undoing the pinch bolts. Have a quick search, I'm on my phone and can't be bothered trying to search through Tapatalk...it'll end in failure :)

People have lowered them without undoing the pinch bolts. Have a quick search, I'm on my phone and can't be bothered trying to search through Tapatalk...it'll end in failure :)
.. i got it down to 2 hours to get springs swoped over ... undo hub ... then remove break disc and caliper undo the lower ball joints disconnect the wires that get in the way undo steering trackrod nut and pop out then undo 3 bolts at the top of strut and the hole lots drops out ..miles easyier then smashing hell out the bolt that wont move

And are you local to Yorkshire. :p I was planning on doing mine this summer...but it never happened. I might try over the winter. My brother in law just got an old passat and we are gonna practice on his.

Don't even bother with the pinch bolts....

Even though it's a PITA, remove the whole suspension arm and do it like that. Saves lots of tears....