ESP Light.

tom2

Reaction score
Hi,

The ESP light came on the dash this morning whilst driving to work (1.8Tq 190). It stays on permanent it doesn't flash. Also, last week whilst i was driving the brake warning light came on, but after turning off and back on again the light went off and has been fine since.

Brake pads are good/clean but brake pedal feels a bit lighter, That may just be me though.

Any ideas before it goes back to the dealers,

Cheers
tom

Is your wheel alignment alright? My wheel alignment was out, so with that out and the camber on the road my steering wheel was off center which was causing my esp light to ping on when driving on a straight road. After turnig the engine off and back on again it was fine untill I went on a motorway again. Got my alignment done and tyres rotated and all was fine.

as far as i know its fine, is there a way of knowing or shall i just take it down the local kwik fit to check?

lol at kwik fit! better off taking it to the green grocers.

you need it code reading to find out the fault. could be one of a few things.... steering angle sensor, accelaration sensors etc

as above could be anything get the codes read
and bypass kwakfit

Check your brake lights work and the pedal switch isn't broken.

just got back from taking the car for a thrashing and light is still on, borrowing a mates vagcom tomorrow. Brakes and brake lights work fine, as does the ABS. And it seems that the ESP is working too, Tried it on a big roundabout just, on a soaking wet road and usually if i turn esp off i can slide the car, but i tried my best and couldn't lol...

if the esp light is on then it isnt working.
report back what fault codes are coming up and we can advise!

a dead fish has more diagnostic capabilty than the average kwikfit employee.

any updates?