Radio lost all signal ??!??!??

cookiesvw

Reaction score
As above driving this morning and its gone off all IM getting is white noise.

Check the antenna box in the rear of roof under trim is not all cracked etc

I fitted them the other day but radio has been playing up since before that I just put today but its not worked for about a week. Fitted hids two days ago. I didn't know if it had anything to do with putting roof up and down. ??

Sounds like it's probably unrelated, but when I put my lights on the HIDs make the radio go static unless I'm in an area with particularly good reception.

I've got ferrite interference cancellers but am yet to fit them, am quite confident this will solve my problems based on the results others have had.

different location for cabriolets (obviously), but if the reception is only had when you have aftermarket HID's in, then it's not this issue: when this goes, you lose EVERYTHING: traffic updates (voice and text), SATnav re-routing and ALL radio signal - I'm 400yds from one local radio station and only get signal if I halve that distance!

The amp in a cab is in the boot lid.
The cable is known to break normally close to the boot hinge.

mine comes and goes like i was driving yesterday with radio working and went over a bump and that was it back to white noise.
different location for cabriolets (obviously), but if the reception is only had when you have aftermarket HID's in, then it's not this issue: when this goes, you lose EVERYTHING: traffic updates (voice and text), SATnav re-routing and ALL radio signal - I'm 400yds from one local radio station and only get signal if I halve that distance!

this sounds like it could be the problem i need to get out and look as its a nightmare listening to one cd going round and round. lol

The amp in a cab is in the boot lid.
The cable is known to break normally close to the boot hinge.

if it's intermittent and there's no correlation to when you have your lights on, then might just be cabling that's on the way out... cheaper than the whole booster unit going pop!