S4 ARB and Spacer Questions

Inertiauk

Reaction score
Website
www.yourlocalcomputerguy.co.uk
As per my Previous thread, I am looking to drop my car on coil-overs. (http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-...s4-coilovers-looking-eibach-pro-street-s.html)

I'm looking at what other mods would be worth while at the same time, for stance and handling.

Question 1)

will B7 RS4 Front and rear ARB's go straight on my car ? and if so is there much of a benefit over the S4 ones (if any)

Question 2)

What width spacers could I get away with if I lower my car ~30-40mm on the coil-overs (front and rear) on the stock 18" Avus wheels (ET45)

Thanks.

Apparently the B7 RS4 front ARB is identical across all B6/B7 models anyway, so probably wouldn't bother with that.

The rear RS4 ARB has an extra 2mm over the S4 one I think. doesn't sound like much, but as far as I know it's also made from a denser material and should give some improvement. Albeit probably not as noticeable as upgrading from a standard (18mm?) rear ARB.

No idea about the spacers.

My personal feeling it that ET32-35 looks about perfect on B6's (for an 8J wheel), but some prefer a lower offset for more poke - it's horses for courses really depending on the look you want.

If you're doing work on the rear suspension, then do the RARB. As mentioned before - no point in changing the front and you won't get as much change as us regular A4'ers have got, but I'm pretty sure it's still worth doing.

i changed the rear anti roll bar and bushes from standard s4 to rs4 and it did make for better handling
sharper turn in and less body roll were the benefits

I have a 2003 S4 and I heard about this fairly simplyRARB modification from standard 20mm to RS4 22m. All the parts includingbushes, bush caps, new bolts and the ARB from my local Audi dealer cost me £90.60and it’s totally changed the feel of the car in corners.

General driving is still the same but throw it into a tight bend and I'd say80% of the understeer has gone.

For the cost this is a bargain of a mod and I'd recommend it to any S4 owner, Ihad a mate fit it all for £30 so all in it cost me £120.60