B6 rear light up grade

Batez10

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the fourm after years of doing this and that to my car and finding things out the hard way I've decided to ask before I go ahead and do it!! I have a b6 cab and i want to upgrade my tail lights as I have the R8 DLR headlights and was looking at adding led bulbs to what I have. But then I see a thread about adding b7 tail lights I understand you have to update the wiring and get a vag on it but dont the lights come in two sections and half of it fits into the tail light?? When I look at pics of the b7 tail
lights that what comes up. If anyone has any ideas on how to modernise my tail lights I would appreciated it thanks

The b7 cab rear light fit right into the b6cbcab as the rear end is exactly the same on the two. All you need is a wiring adaptor or if ur good enoth re wire the loom yourself. Once that's done they work fine but you find that the top of the light is lit upwhen breaking but this isn't how they should work, it should just be the center which lights when brakeing. All you need to do is code the top light out via vag com and your done. It's the next mod on my list when a pair come up on the bay for a good price

Oh right Thanks, do you know the correct wiring or have a diagram I'm sure ill be able to mange it. It's my next project but again price depending, I have a vag too so if anyone know the process on that too would be great

Thanks bez do you still have to recode the lights and loom set

yes if you want them without top light on with brakes
but on the last set i fitted i didnt need to recode

Is it an easy enough job?? I'm in the Essex area if there is anyone around this way that can do it

if you have VCDS its easy if not they are still plug and play but with the upper light lit when brakeing

Hi Ben,
Any chance you can point me in the right direction as to how I can rewire the b7 tail lights to my b6 Audi a4 cab without using the adapter?

Hi Bez,
Any chance you can point me in the right direction as to how I can rewire the b7 tail lights to my b6 Audi a4 cab without using the adapter?