Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

B7 front end onto b6 question???

ive looked around and ive seen the b7 front end put onto a few b6's and im seriously thinking about it to add to my unique rallye green a4 {when its finished} but my question is this?? Can this mod be done to all the b6's without too much hassle or just the later ones??
    Mods done: interior: Light to dark conversion, To Do: Carbon trim, carpet to be replaced, rear window retrofit. Exterior: Resprayed in Skoda's Rallye Green, 18" RS4 reps fitted, xenons, LED sidelights/NumberPlate lights, B Pillars wrapped in carbon. To Do: Lowering 35mm all round, tints, Tuning: Yet to do exhaust/remap/ egr delete etc..

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    All b6 you need some serious fabrication skills though...
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..
    now sold but still in the family, gone back in time to the cupra R again..

2nd Gear

Status
    Im planning on enlisting the help of a friend for that bit lol, and getting spare wings thanks though seems as though its a definate addition to my project now
    Mods done: interior: Light to dark conversion, To Do: Carbon trim, carpet to be replaced, rear window retrofit. Exterior: Resprayed in Skoda's Rallye Green, 18" RS4 reps fitted, xenons, LED sidelights/NumberPlate lights, B Pillars wrapped in carbon. To Do: Lowering 35mm all round, tints, Tuning: Yet to do exhaust/remap/ egr delete etc..

5th Gear

Status
    It's only the front nose of the wings you require anyhows because b7 has the lines down the wing and doors that theb6 doesn't
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

2nd Gear

Status
    The only thing i was worried about really was the headlights whether the wiring was any different, but if all thats the same im laughing ill prob get more than half the front end parts for the price of a b6 sline bumper lol

5th Gear

Status
    I don't see why they should be different along as you buy normal halogen type headlights the same as yours
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

2nd Gear

Status
    Do you know if audi did a halogen type headlight with DRL?

1st Gear

Status
    Only the b8 had halogen and drls I think ?

To carry out the b7 conversion id imagine it would pretty much be just bolt on the wings, bonnet, front panel, bumper and headlights. You might need the b7 radiator etc with the front panel though.

1.9tdi130 Avant FailWheelDrive

Status
    As said, the hard part is that the B7 wings will have the 'tornado stripe' down the side. There's already been tons of threads on this in the past asking the same thing.

Neutral

Status
    this is all you need costs about 1k plus fitting and painting i nearly had it done then didnt, awsome gti can sell you all the parts
    Hofele Design | Tuning and Styling for Audi A4

1.9tdi130 Avant FailWheelDrive

Status
    That kit looks good from the angles tht they photograph it on their sire, but in reality looks like a bucket of mong.

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for the tips, i think ill leave the DRL's unless i can get a nice looking well made set of devil eyes, although for the front end conversion i think ill stick with genuine bits of breaking cars, ill weigh up the options over the next month or so as im getting a little impatient to see it resprayed, looks naff at the minute with a fully prepped and part primed rear end, seen as im still using it daily.....

Reverse Gear

Status
    get the parts off cars breaking dude..I got all the parts other than the wings as a job lot few months back so defo be worth the wait in terms of your bank balance..I've put my b6 up for sale and if it sells il have the conversion up for sale, if the car does not sell I will have to pull my finger out and fit it lol

2nd Gear

Status
    Haha, well with any luck itll sell then you can sell me the conversion parts :P at the minute im concentrating on the interior parts so inside is a nice place to be, in need of a black glovebox, rear door harnesses to finish my electric window conversion, and need an airbag for my multifunction b7 3 spoke wheel, and to fit cruise and DIS, so ive got plenty to do and plenty to keep me interested in the project,

Mot time end of next month tho so will have to get some general maintenance done, ie brakes and suspension bits that are worn,

5th Gear

Status
    i'd still like to know what happens if you use B7 cab wings
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg