They have damaged my car

I

imported_Smudge973

My dealer came to work today to pick up my car, the master technician turned up along with a young mechanic. The car was returned to my office t 5pm. As I left work I noticed the car pulling to the left, as I pulled up in my drive I noticed that the near side front wheel is badly damaged as well as a large chunk taken out of the tyre. They have definatly done this, I cleaned the car at the weekend from top to bottom and would have noticed it then. The damage is so severe it is not something I could have done witout knowing. I'm furious - I intend to go the the garage tomorrow to sort it - What do you think ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

Jeez man. What knobs.
I had the dealer reverse mine into a wall, but at least they admitted it and bent over backwards to fix it and keep me satisfied. I have to admit that I had a mini cooper s as a courtesy car that I managed to understeer into a kerb and sounds like your car has the same damage. But I also admitted it to them at the time. People are just not honest anymore, and they'll probably deny it.

Sorry mate, it's a shame that they did not own up to it, now it causes you this agro.

Hope it's all sorted for your trip away.

Kev.

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry mate, it's a shame that they did not own up to it, now it causes you this agro.

Hope it's all sorted for your trip away.

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers Kev - The tyre is completly damaged - It has to be replaced - I feel ruddy sick when I look at it - It is my intention to go down tomorrow morning and kick off - what do you reakon - I know my car and it was not like that - I woudl have know If i'd have done it - it's so bad.

thats really not on, this is why when i had to use the dealers, ie still under warrenty! i wouldnt dream of letting them drive my car. no way. and after v poor service at the dealers the nearest my car is gona get to an audi tech is in the car park while i go in for parts, and then i reckon i will leave the missus or the s n o o p in the car incase some t*at hits it. rant over.

Personally, I'd not kick off.

I'd go straight to the service desk and explain what has happened, that you are disappointed that the dealership had not owned up to it, and that you expect it to be repaired ASAP with no inconvinience to yourself.

Say that you are unhappy driving the car in a dangerous state (possibility of tyre blowing) and that you'll accept it to be repaired now or accept a courtesy or hire car until it is repaired.

Kev.

I reallt am so P****d off that they have done this - just has another look and the alloy is flaking away it's so fresh - anyone want a picture - PM me with Email.

here is a pic of the damage. i can understand you being pis*ed off. i would be!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif
Picture011.jpg

Thanks for hosting the picture - appreciated - I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow.

I bet they don't accept liability.....i will be shocked if they do. Good luck mate hope i'm proved wrong and they sort it out for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

You'll need the tracking and geometry checking too. Looks like they've hit a kerb, and not very gently either. If you're lucky, nothing is bent. Good luck mate, I feel for you.

I had this once when I had a Peugeot 206 GTI - I too had just washed the car. They accepted liability without question and replaced the wheel they had scuffed.

I just had my car in at Audi and before me giving them the keys they went round the car to check for dents/scratches etc to avoid this type of problem, I.e. if you complain they know you are telling the truth. You think all dealers would be enforcing this policy!

Hope you get it sorted, and at their expense!

I had the a similar problem with my local Audi dealer, only worse... they had damaged 3 alloys, quite severely, I noticed it as soon as I looked at the car. Not only that but the chrome trims had some sort of 'stain' on them and 4 white powder type of stains near all the wheel arches! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Apparently there had been a fire engine at the dealers that week........ (white powder marks, stains on trim???). Anyway, it gets worse, they took 3 attempts to repair the alloys, and in the process damaged the forth one (and refused to admit it). When I finally got the car back it had an extra 100 Miles on the clock, which they again denied. Prior to this I was always pleased with the service I had recieved from this dealer. However, unless they perform impeccably in the future, when the time comes to buy my RS4 it will definitely not be from Listers Audi in Coventry!

Well - Here we go chaps - Arrived at the garage at 7:50 am this morning, I already knew that the Service manager was on a weeks holiday. As I walked in the showroom I seen the main man - The general manager - I asked if I could have a word. I told him that the car had been picked up yesterday and that as soon as I drove out of my car park that evening that I noticed a severe pull to the left and the steering wheel was off centre, and that when I arrived home I looked at the wheel and was shocked that they had damaged the wheel and knackred the trye. He asked who picked the car up and then went into the workshop to speak to one of the guys. Then they took my keys and brought the car into the workshop to look at the damage and called me through - I told the master technician (quite firmly) that the wheel was not like that the day before it had been taken, and that my car was my pride and joy - He could see that the damage was fresh due to some of the alloy still flaking away - I told them that they should have admitted it as the tyre was dangerous and had the tyre blown the concequences would have been major. It turns out that the lad who drove my car yesterday was a 17 year old YTS lad and was at college today - Typical - Anyway they accepted responsility and agreed to replace the trye wiyth a new one on saturday morning and swap the wheel with one on a demonstrator. I'm happy with that - What do you think ? - Seems they have delivered - I then sent the General manager a Email when I arrived at work to say thanks for his help and he replied with a apology confirming that it would all be sorted. Well done to them - just a shame that the lad who did it didn't admit it - If they had done it would have been fine, I'm understanding as these things happen - it's the fact that it was returned without word and in a very dangerous state - Just imagine how some people who dont have a passion for cars would maybe not have noticed it for weeks or even at all, they could have been killed !

Job well done!

When my old saxo went in for its first service the drivers seat came back with a burn mark almost like a cigarette burn. I don't smoke but didn't bother going back to them because citroen dealers are clowns and they'd have denied it.

Why did the garage let a 17 year old YTS lad drive the car?

No wonder he didn't admit to it.

I think the outcome is fair, but I'd like alittle something to restore faith in the dealership, maybe free next service?

Kev.

Don`t forget you need the alignment checked/adjusted, if you noticed it pulling as soon as you drove it there might be more damage, get them to check it over FOC of course.
I can`t help thinking that your `******` tyre is going to end up on that demonstrator, they will fit a wheel and tyre from it to yours, then after they`ve waved you off the forecourt they will just fit your damaged rim and ****** tyre to the demonstrator, then it`s not cost them a single bean!
I do hope i am wrong tho

The tyre will be brand new - I'm going to get this fitted on Saturday ! The old tyre will have to be disposed !

Good result! Definitely make sure no other damage as you mentioned it was pulling to the left!

I would have also asked to see some sort of proof that the YTS lad was giving a good telling off afterwards, otherwise what's to stop him doing it again, I'd ask for a personal apology from him and see him learn what life is all about!

Smudge,
I hit a kurb with a mini cooper that I had as a coutesy car and it had the same effects as your car has - pulling to the left, steering wheel off centre and tyre and alloy damaged. There was some arm attached to the steering that was bent and other bits had to be replaced, so make sure that everything is ok with the steering and suspension as well. The alloy and tyre are just cosmetic damage, the real damage will be on the links to the wheel.

Cheers to all - I will be arriving at the Garage at 8am tomorrow - to have the tyre replaced - They called me today and told me that they are prepared to let me trade my car in for a new RS4 at no extra cost - Well done Audi - I WISH !!!!! Cheers again chaps - Thanks to Kev for the advise - "dont kick off" worked a treat !

Droped the car at the dealers this morning and they have put a new tyre on and replaced the wheel - Looks like it's off one of their cars but there is not a scratch on it, Glad my ordeal is over ! ;-)

I mean the wheel looks like it's off one of their cars - The tyre is brand new !

[ QUOTE ]
At least its sorted now mate...glad all is ok!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers Pal - Take it easy ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Is the tracking/alignment ok after the knock Smudge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - Sorry - Forgot to mention they did a full Track and Geo set-up and all is fine - If I'm honest It is now better that it was before the knock - I'd like to know what the lad really did - If only i could see what he did to my car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif