Help and advice on upcoming purchase

Daemon

Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently driving round in a B7 tdi avant but looking to swap for a B6 petrol engined quattro and wondered if you could advise me on which car is best.

From nosing around my immediate common options I see seem to be either the 3.0v6 or the 1.8t. As a guess, the 1.8 will put out 150bhp? Which I imagine will be a bit limp, however I think the 3.0 only puts out about 50 more. Is that right?

So first question is which one is better from a tuning and tweaking point of view. I'm guessing the 3.0 would have a tougher clutch but may be more difficult to get power from?

Best mileage or lowest mileage seems to be around 75k, are there any faults that should have been fixed by this stage or any things to expect to go wrong in close future mileage?

Finally are there any other issues common or not to look out for? Tiptronic to be avoided as usual?

Thanks in advance for any help

Make sure Cambelt water pump are done.

1.8t all the way, go for the BEX engine then get it remapped. Much more fun than a 3litre.

Stay away from cvt or multitronic... They are cursed.

6 speed gearbox

As many extras as you can find

Make sure it has full service history, and get the oil pick up changed, regardless, it is the best money you can spend on maintenance on a second hand car.

They did a 190BHp 1.8T I believe - go for the 1.8T, more tunable (exhaust,intercooler, larger turbo.etc)

That's great cheers guys.

If anyone else has anything else please just let me know, the more help you can offer the better.