Odd problem, any help welcome

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've had this issue for a long time now.
My dash doesn't flash for right turn indicators. It does for left. It used to do it for comfort blinkers, but now not at all. Not even a buzzer on right turn. All fine on a left turn.
I beleive that the dash in the B6 is controlled via can rather than wires actually into the dash to make the bulb work like in the A6 or B5.

I've had the dash out, had it in bits. I cannot see damaged tracks. The Hazard light switch makes both left and right work and if I turn off the ignition and use parking lights both left and right make the buzzer work.

So. Maybe something else is a miss. Does the CCM control indicators?
I've tried new stalks and new SCCM's
I've even tried a new hazard switch, but apparently that's only in B5's.

So does anyone have any ideas?

Hi, Cheers for the response.
No unfortunately it's not that simple. The actual indicators work fine. It's just the dash. I suspect it's a Can issue. vcds shows they're active though.

They work for the hazard though. So that's out too.

Yep, all fine. All indicators phyiscally work fine.

Keep the ideas coming.

If it was the relay the hazard switch would be faulty too

If parked up with engine off do the parking lights turn on when when you place the indicator towards the side with the issue?

You could have a faul/worn stalk or steering column module.

If parked up with engine off do the parking lights turn on when when you place the indicator towards the side with the issue?

You could have a faul/worn stalk or steering column module.

Is there a relay?

Everything works as it should. So parking lights work on both sides. It's really odd.
I've changed the stalks for new ones, I've changed the SWCM when I fitted cruise control and DIS.

So lights work outside, parking lights work, VCDS confirms that the right indicator has been activated. So there's data there. It just doesn't flash or click on right turns. But it is outside the car.

Yep they flash as normal.
I should try a different dash and see if that fixes it.