RS4 Rarb

KevM3

Reaction score
hi guys havnt been on for a while thinking of buying a b6 sport either 1.8t or 1.9td ,prefer quattro though , drove a 1.9td non quattro today ,went well ,good bit of torque but so much understeer when pushing on a bit ( i do drive anE46 m3 though ) if i buy one as a 2nd car ive read about the rs4 rarb mod , whats the diameter of a std roll bar and an rs4 one ?
what difference do it make ,i would of thought upgrade the front one first , on my m3 ive got a 30mm up front makes a big differnce ,but thats rwd , im not sold on the fwd b6's , ive had b5 1.8tqs and they wernt bad ,but i do love a nice b6 with a votex kit and 18's , missed a couple so far as they were sold ,seem to sell like hot cakes ! so whats the feeling without spending lots

I've just done this mod to my B6 S4. The RARB is over 40% denser/heavier and also 2mm thicker (22mm) than the S4 20mm one. Installed that, then spent the day trying to get the **** our round the bends at Bedford Autodrome, to no avail. Was a little better to drive though, once I'd had a couple lessons from their instructors. For the cost, I'd do it. They're less than 80 quid from an Audi dealers. On the quattro though, I'm told there is no point in uprating the fronts unless you're going for much larger RARB's - say over 22mm. Rear only to try and dial out some of that hideous under-steer. Hope that helps?

I was told in my Subaru days Making the front end stiffer on 4wd with arb on the front can also help create under steer think this is why it's best to worry more about the rear arb to help lower body roll..

Same here......it's on the to do list also.

Hoping it wont take longer than a couple of hours to fit, as don't have much spare time these days

i jacked it up onto axle stands,removed old one, loose fitted the new one lowered it down and re tightened it up. I remember i had to undo the exhaust hangers to give me enough room to thread the new bar through. It is quite straight forward. I followed a guide i found on the web

Hi, would you recommend it for a 1.9tdi fwd? Is it best to do it on the rear for a better handling?

Sorry for the noob question but weekday exactly is RARB?

Hi, would you recommend it for a 1.9tdi fwd? Is it best to do it on the rear for a better handling?

Sorry for the noob question but weekday exactly is RARB?

Rear anti-roll bar