Noise that is really starting to get to me

Andie0

Reaction score
Hi so I have searched the previous threads on noises and cannot find the answer I am after so thought I would post it see what you guys think. When I turn the vehicle on I move forward say 3 full revolutions of the the wheels and a really small knock or click comes from under the car at front. This only happens when I turn the car on a move for the first time. Every other pull off after that is fine no noise? I have however got a knock from the right and left hand side of the car if I steer sharply either way but not on normal turning, reading other threads I think I no what this is but could it be the same problem? It's very strange as it only happens that first time I turn the car on a move forward slightly the noise is very faint and hard to hear but I can hear it. Any ideas? Really just wna get the car in top form! Oh and also I can feel the knock through the clutch and brake pedal ever so slightly dont no if this helps diagnose?
Thanks a lot

That would make sense as it is only that once. Thanks for your help benjie

Mine does exactly the same, I was thinking it was a slightly worn CV joint as it has only started doing it since I lowered the car.

****** hell, I've got this and I thought it was the quattro taking up some slack from the wear over the last 156k miles! Or something ELSE wrong with the arms or sub-frame.

Well if benjie is correct we all have nothing to worry about!! This also means I don't need to spend money yayyy

Right guys I solved the problem with the knock when I steer sharply left and right. I was getting so frustrated as all the suspension on the car is reasonably new as has been replaced couple years previous to buying and car only done 8000 miles since the receipt. So I started to check other options couldn't find anything. So I strapped a camera under the bonnet with the flash on constant and finally saw that the battery is flying around as I turn. So check your battery's are strapped down correctly. At least it was a cheap fix more for modding yayyy