Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
    3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Greeny233 On Twitter Add Greeny233 on Facebook Add Greeny233 on Google+ Visit Greeny233's Youtube Channel Visit Greeny233's Instagram Channel

Slipping Clutch.

Hello All.

Driving back home from Scotland on Thursday afternoon, got about 20 miles from home and the clutch slipped under hard acceleration in 6th (70mph) so I backed off and it gripped and pulled ok. I drove the car all day Friday and tried to get it to slip again but failed.
    I changed the clutch today as I couldn't trust the old one as I travel from North Wales to Scotland on a regular basis and the car has to be reliable.
    The old clutch although worn didn't look too bad and there was no oil or contamination in the bell housing. When I drove home the new clutch slipped despite me taking it easy but only once again.
    Anybody got any ideas, or is it just the new clutch bedding in?
    I really really do not want to remove the gearbox again (Quattro), it was a right pain in the arse.

Cheers
    Chris "the machine" Green.
    2004 Audi A4 1.9tdi Sport Quattro Avant

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    What clutch are you using?I replaced mine 7k miles ago with Valeo clutch kit,the car is remapped(around 200bhp and 360lbs tourque) and no problem with the slipping for me,the car pulls strong like a train.

B6 1,9TDI AVF SPORT QUATTRO AVANT

Mods:RNS-e sat nav,Bluetooth,Rear camera,Full led interior/exterior,Cobra PCD,S4 B5 front brakes,S line body kit+S4 door blades,S line gear knob,RS4 B7 handbrake,RS6 wheels,EGR deleted,cruise control,custom leather & alcantara seats,tinted windows,A4 B7 arms & wiper blades,BV43 turbo,FMIC,custom remap(around 200hp and 368lb/ft tourque)

5th Gear

Status
    Sometimes new clutches need bedding in - just like brake pads - as the friction plate surface wont match the flywheel.
    Give it a few hundred miles - did you bleed the clutch?

2002 A4 Avant Quattro Sport 2.5 V6 TDi - 219Bhp - Votex
    BCS Automotive Turbo-Back - Remap -
    19" RS6 Reps - B6 S4 Brakes - Symphony II+
    - Weitec GT
    - 2001 Honda CBR600-FS1 -

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Greeny233 On Twitter Add Greeny233 on Facebook Add Greeny233 on Google+ Visit Greeny233's Youtube Channel Visit Greeny233's Instagram Channel

Slipping Clutch.

It's a LUK clutch exactly the same as the one that came out apart from the Audi logo.
    Clutch was bled, pedal is lovely and light and biting point right at the bottom. Just hope it needs a bit of bedding in.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ASHIHARA View Post
    What clutch are you using?I replaced mine 7k miles ago with Valeo clutch kit,the car is remapped(around 200bhp and 360lbs tourque) and no problem with the slipping for me,the car pulls strong like a train.
    Where did you buy your clutch from? I've looked on eurocarparts but there are numerous different models of the same name but price differences are huge?

1st Gear

Status
    From eurocarparts and i paid in june 136£ and is Valeo;i don`t know why is this huge price differences now

B6 1,9TDI AVF SPORT QUATTRO AVANT

Mods:RNS-e sat nav,Bluetooth,Rear camera,Full led interior/exterior,Cobra PCD,S4 B5 front brakes,S line body kit+S4 door blades,S line gear knob,RS4 B7 handbrake,RS6 wheels,EGR deleted,cruise control,custom leather & alcantara seats,tinted windows,A4 B7 arms & wiper blades,BV43 turbo,FMIC,custom remap(around 200hp and 368lb/ft tourque)

Neutral

Status
    You shouldnt need to bed in a standard friction plate - a paddle clutch is a different story... I am assuming you swapped the pressure and friction plates (sounds silly, but I know someone who accidentally refitted the old pressure plate!!)

If you hadnt said - I would be expecting some kind of oil contamination... but you said it was dry!?

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Slipping Clutch.

Yep new pressure plate and thrust bearing. Just driven all the way back to Scotland and had no problems so fingers crossed no more slipping.