FAILED MOT ON B/PADS+ AND GOT AN ADVISORY FOR AIRBAG LIGHT & NO EPC WORK THAT OUT

tommytonguedj

Reaction score
Evening All,
As some of you may know i've been doing a bit of stressing due to mot coming up and airbag light not going out and no epc on dash on startup. Just been for mot all as i failed on was front pads, Both headlight aim & no servo assistance in pedal. The advisories was a long list but Airbag light on was the main one i was concernd about, So now i'm praying my front discs & pads come in the morning so i can fit them then try and find a boost leak fo servo or place servo and take it straight back for a partial retest.

Airbag light is often just a loose connection under the drivers or passenger seat on the airbag connector

Also worth checking the connections to the 2 crash sensors by each headlight

If the EPC light doesn't come on when you turn the ignition then the MOT now assumes that you've removed to bulb to disguise a problem that causes increased emissions, that's why you got an advisory for no EPC light.

It's 1.9 tdi engine, I was stressing due to the vosa website stating if no enigine management lights come on at start or if the airbag light stays lit it's a fail that's why i ordered new headlight/crash sensor wiring looms as my front crash sensors had been cut.
My brakes which i knew was shot was in the post lol but ironically they turned up the morning after the mot they are now fitted i have also flushed the fluid and the pedal creeping down has gone. So all as i need now is the headlight alignment and all is good

Spongey brakes on the 1.9tdi can be connection on the vacuum pump.
It's got a really bad connection into the pump it's self I took mine off, sealed it up and closed over the edges. Spongey brakes gone.