AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

FAILED MOT ON B/PADS+ AND GOT AN ADVISORY FOR AIRBAG LIGHT & NO EPC WORK THAT OUT

Evening All,
    As some of you may know i've been doing a bit of stressing due to mot coming up and airbag light not going out and no epc on dash on startup. Just been for mot all as i failed on was front pads, Both headlight aim & no servo assistance in pedal. The advisories was a long list but Airbag light on was the main one i was concernd about, So now i'm praying my front discs & pads come in the morning so i can fit them then try and find a boost leak fo servo or place servo and take it straight back for a partial retest.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Airbag light is often just a loose connection under the drivers or passenger seat on the airbag connector

Reverse Gear

Status
    Also worth checking the connections to the 2 crash sensors by each headlight

5th Gear

Status
    so a big fuss over airbag light...... but you had no brakes?????!!!!!
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

5th Gear

Status
    If the EPC light doesn't come on when you turn the ignition then the MOT now assumes that you've removed to bulb to disguise a problem that causes increased emissions, that's why you got an advisory for no EPC light.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

6th Gear

Status
    What engine you got?
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

1st Gear

Status
    It's 1.9 tdi engine, I was stressing due to the vosa website stating if no enigine management lights come on at start or if the airbag light stays lit it's a fail that's why i ordered new headlight/crash sensor wiring looms as my front crash sensors had been cut.
    My brakes which i knew was shot was in the post lol but ironically they turned up the morning after the mot they are now fitted i have also flushed the fluid and the pedal creeping down has gone. So all as i need now is the headlight alignment and all is good

1st Gear

Status
    Well for a definite answer if anyone wants to know the aibag light and eml lght staying on is going to happen and vosa suspended the new rules from original date until smmer they stated, all that fuss fo nothing.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repositor...ice%203-12.pdf

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tommytonguedj View Post
    Well for a definite answer if anyone wants to know the aibag light and eml lght staying on is going to happen and vosa suspended the new rules from original date until smmer they stated, all that fuss fo nothing.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repositor...ice%203-12.pdf
    They're not suspended it's just that the implementation has been delayed, so at the moment they won't be a fail (as was planned) but you will get an advisory for them.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

6th Gear

Status
    Spongey brakes on the 1.9tdi can be connection on the vacuum pump.
    It's got a really bad connection into the pump it's self I took mine off, sealed it up and closed over the edges. Spongey brakes gone.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.