Control arm set

kev1000

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if these sets below will fit my 03 sport?
Basically are there different sets for sport and normal suspension?
If so which parts are different.
Also the two sets below have a price difference of €96 but the only difference in the sets that I see are,
1 has stabiliser links and 1 has not.
Suspension Kit for your AUDI A4 (8E2, B6) 1.8 T (163HP)

the only difference in sport and normal is the springs the rest is the same

One kit may be for the steel upright and the other for the alloy upright. This will cause price variation.

Ok I will be probably ordering these right after Christmas.
i think theyare shipped from France.
Before I order them,i would like someone's opinion on just one more brand.
i was in a motor factors near me the other day any they had Quinton Hazel Kits for €300 (£245).
Googled them and they seem to get decent reviews.
Anyone here know anything about them?

The only difference between the control arm sets from Audi across all if the b6/b7 A4/s4/rs4 cars is the stiffness of the bushing.

The arms are all physically the same, and aftermarket arms with updated bushes such as the Meyle HD kits are exactly the same across the range.

Hope this helps.

I would only go for TRW or Lemforder arms if you want quality. Meyle, Febi and the rest are ok just don't expect them to last as long as the originals !

Originals lasted 10 years.
i won't have the car in 10 years.
another 2 or 3 max!
looks like it's a matter of opinion.
some people will only use Febi.
Some Meyle and some lemforder.

Originals lasted 10 years.
i won't have the car in 10 years.
another 2 or 3 max!
looks like it's a matter of opinion.
some people will only use Febi.
Some Meyle and some lemforder.
The funny thing with Meyle and Febi is that they are NOT made in Germany at all hence you won't see "made in Germany" stamped on them but just Febi Germany ! By law you can have the quote stamped up by just getting the goods in transit trough Germany, they need to be made in Germany to have the word "in". Of course, if you check Meyle HQ they only have a hand full of staff and they are actually just importing/exporting company- all their parts are produced abroad: China and Turkey for that matter ! Lemforder still produce some of their bushes in Germany !

Looks like you've got a few hours work in front of you. But I bet it'll tighten the front end up no end...

Hope so Alan.
The ones in it are not too bad.
No knocking yet but I feel the car is not as tight as it should be especially on bumpy roads.

Since I have done the arms I have noticed the car is not as smooth as it was.
Say, there's a few ripples on the road,it feels a lot rougher going over them and even some of the interior rattles eg. Glove box,arm rest, seats.
It wasn't like this before.
i have got it laser aligned.
Can someone shed some light on what could be the cause?

Yeah, rubbish rubber compound in the bushes, you want the same feel like before then i would stick to Lemforder. In Germany, Febi is regarded as 2nd grade arms-ie "budget's", it's either Lemforder or Meile for me although their HD range does not seem to last as long as the factory originals ! Did you do the arms with the weight of the car resting on the ground ?