Has anyone had a vac leak on a 1.8 turbo bex engine?

cominatcha

gonna getcha
Reaction score
somewhere where the the speed limit is over 150mph
As the above title has anyone had problems with the clamps ie jublee clips. Also if you did what would be the problem? management light on? poor running? down on power? All im thinking is rubber goes soft wit heat and age. Has any one had a issue ? b6 1.8. turbo. bex Thinking about a remap whats the torque on standard to stage one remap? Anyone Cheers Neil

Had an air leak on b6 1.8tq 190 a few months back, felt like a misfire. . Rough and grumbly and high idle (1300rpm ish) but seemed to settle down when the car was being driven (they were the symptoms on mine) . Engine management light came on and fault code was p0171, I think the valves on the air pipes are prone to splitting

Oh and we had ours mapped last weekend by a revo dealer and had the sps kit to change between maps, not sure of the figures as they didn't have a 4wd dyno, but at 60mph in sixth it now pulls harder than my mate's a6 2.7tdi, so they do get pretty torquey after mapping, defo feels like a bigger engine than a 1.8...

Had an air leak on b6 1.8tq 190 a few months back, felt like a misfire. . Rough and grumbly and high idle (1300rpm ish) but seemed to settle down when the car was being driven (they were the symptoms on mine) . Engine management light came on and fault code was p0171, I think the valves on the air pipes are prone to splitting

As the above title has anyone had problems with the clamps ie jublee clips. Also if you did what would be the problem? management light on? poor running? down on power? All im thinking is rubber goes soft wit heat and age. Has any one had a issue ? b6 1.8. turbo. bex Thinking about a remap whats the torque on standard to stage one remap? Anyone Cheers Neil
get it scanned the codes will tell you where to look

I have one now been told to get a tin of easy start and spray it on the pipes and see witch one makes the engine rev high