B6 1.9 tdi 130 flat spot

Matt K

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a flat spot in between 1400 and 2000 Rpm, the car pulls strong on the turbo to redline, I have checked the MAF and it is very clean, in fact it looks new, I haven't had the egr off yet so it may be coked up, any other ideas? Also the car brakes well unless press the peddle very hard, I read about there being a fault with the master cylinder and that Audi did a recall, has anyone else experienced this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Matt

Turbo kicks in a 2k on an non chipped car but it would still be a gradual build up then a kick at 2k.

Clean the egr and turbo vains......search mr muscle cleaning.

Any black smoke........as this usually points to a boost leak

Turbo kicks in a 2k on an non chipped car but it would still be a gradual build up then a kick at 2k.

Clean the egr and turbo vains......search mr muscle cleaning.

Any black smoke........as this usually points to a boost leak

Yeah its not flat as in wait for the turbo to hit boost threshold, it actually feels like it is holding back, I will try the mr muscle clean, but I also found a thread re a hole in one of the vac pipes which also caused a braking problem, had the engine cover off this Morning and it looks like one of them near the head has a split.

Cheers
Matt

Mine has the same "flat spot", but not sure if there are other issues causing this. Only recently got the car - EGR has a leak so disconnected it and it's better but still not perfect. Can't see any splits anywhere. But I also have temp issue where the gauge only stays between 50 and 90, but never at 90 - ordered the bits from TPS so should have this shortly. Mine has a remap (no idea which one as the guy didn't know) so would expect it to kick in earlier than 2k revs. Will see if it's any better once all my issues are fixed.
Ah also have a timing issue where it has rough idling when warm, but doubt this will cause flat spot issues..

Mine has the same "flat spot", but not sure if there are other issues causing this. Only recently got the car - EGR has a leak so disconnected it and it's better but still not perfect. Can't see any splits anywhere. But I also have temp issue where the gauge only stays between 50 and 90, but never at 90 - ordered the bits from TPS so should have this shortly. Mine has a remap (no idea which one as the guy didn't know) so would expect it to kick in earlier than 2k revs. Will see if it's any better once all my issues are fixed.
Ah also have a timing issue where it has rough idling when warm, but doubt this will cause flat spot issues..

I've replaced the vac hoses and the flat spot has gone and the brakes are spot on. Inlet mani had a load of black sludge in it though and egr had a bit of coke, not that bad for 155k miles